Review: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Contrary to what some might think, there never seems to be such a thing as too many Optimus Primes. Perhaps that's why we're treated to another Voyager mold of the Autobot leader. He's now an all new mold... but is he a treat? Click here to read the review and find out!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm disappointed. All the fake robot mode details, the kibble on the arms, and the weirdness of the alt mode, wow. I'm still buying him, but I'm not as excited now.

man i like this transformer, it looks like it has alot of playability and u wouldnt be scared of damaging anything, robot mode looks very proportionate, medium size body with wide shoulder length and long legs..

color scheme also makes it look really rugged and adds to old M.A.S.K. aesthetic with all the extra parts.. i would definately get this toy, it brings me bag to the time when i used to play with mask, starcom, and old G1.. this optimus prime toy looks like it has a touch of everything, and way better than a G1 but not to the point it looks too real like a leader class movie optimus :)

I think this is a rare time where I have to disagree. I actually like the anime/Rob Liefeld-esque proportions.

It's sad cuz deluxe prime looks more movie accurate than this figure. I tried to like it too, but the more I look at it, the more I hate it. Seeing as how Ultimate Prime doesn't look all that great what with his big ass forearms, I'm losing hope that we'll get a DOTM Optimus that truly matches his badass new look.

Think I will just buy Ultimate Optimus Prime and Jetwing Optimus Prime and call the Optimus Prime's for DOTM done

man i like this transformer, it looks like it has alot of playability and u wouldnt be scared of damaging anything, robot mode looks very proportionate, medium size body with wide shoulder length and long legs..

color scheme also makes it look really rugged and adds to old M.A.S.K. aesthetic with all the extra parts.. i would definately get this toy, it brings me bag to the time when i used to play with mask, starcom, and old G1.. this optimus prime toy looks like it has a touch of everything, and way better than a G1 but not to the point it looks too real like a leader class movie optimus :)

"Too real"? But the LC Prime actually resembles the on-screen character excellently. Also, I don't get what you mean by "proportionate". You see how ridiculously long and chunky his legs are, ja?

Archived