The DOTM Speculation Thread

madman1366

I guess it's time to start with the speculation around here a bit more. We've seen enough of the trailers to start piecing things together, so let's see what we have.

First, I think the Autobots leave Earth. Either they choose to, or are asked to leave. However BB, being the "protector" will stay behind with Sam. It looks like in the trailer that Prime is standing in front of a Shuttle getting ready to depart. This will most likely lead to the big RETURN! Perhaps that's when we see ginsu prime come flying in slicing and dicing.

....That could be even more epic that the original arrival scene in the first movie.

I'm kinda hoping for, more than predicting, a line somewhere in the movie that mentions the death of Mikaela. Good place for a point of tension between 2 of the returning human characters.

Where I get stuck is wondering what is the motivation of the Decetpticons this time around? Is it a simple takeover scheme? Massive revenge plot? Or something else hidden on Earth that they MUST have? Who knows, but I'm leaning more toward a combination of revenge and enslavement. I mean, where else they gonna go?

I'm also thinking that this movie is, for the most part, is going to be all Cons. We may see a prolonged period with almost no Autobot presence at all in order to set up that big return scene later on. I also think we see some Autobot characters throughout, but it's not until the end battle that we'll see a mass arrival of Autobot forces in full cavalry style.

I also think we hear more from humans who sympathize with the Decepticons. Could be where they develop an alliance with them as well.

Overall, I definitely think there are going to be more sinister things at play here. Will we get blown away by it? Maybe, maybe not, either way I think it's gonna be a fun ride!

The end of the movie actually seems pretty predictable at this point, and due to the name of this topic suggesting spoilers, I will not explain using Spoiler tags >:]

My Theory:

The Autobots are battling the invading Decepticons battalions all throughout the city, eventually the Autobots are surrounded but Ironhide buys them some time to escape by sacrificing himself, but taking out a large amount of Dreads in the process. Frustrated by his friend's death, Optimus goes to NASA while the other Autobots try to hold back the Decepticons.

NASA, by Optimus' request, sends him to the moon via a rocket capable of holding him in truck mode. On the surface of the Moon, Optimus seeks out the ARK, and revives Sentinel and his crew using the last shard of the Allspark.

Using the same Space Bridge the Decepticons used to get to Earth, Optimus and Sentinel lead a counter attack, involving the Wreckers tearing through the Decepticon forces, Optimus donning the Mech Tech Armor (supreme class toy), and the other Autobots making minor cameos of them fighting.

I think this sounds pretty plausible, and scenes in the trailer actually help back this idea up :)

Good guys win, bad guys lose, Bay still sucks. Thats all the way through.

I'm with Breaker. Except for the Bay still sucks part. I actually like what he's done (ROTF not so much).

It was a Red Vs. Blue quote.

Grif: "Have you thought this invasion thing all the way through Sarge?"

Sarge: "Of course I have! We win, they lose, you suck. Thats all the way through."

It was a Red Vs. Blue quote.

Grif: "Have you thought this invasion thing all the way through Sarge?"

Sarge: "Of course I have! We win, they lose, you suck. Thats all the way through."

Ahh. Okay.

That scene where Optimus is standing in front of the space ship can be seen a few different ways. "From here, the fight will be your own" being played over that doesn't mean that quote is from the same scene. Thats just Hollywood trickery. Anyways, one way I want is that it would be the final scene where Prime tells everyone that now that Megatron is dead, they will return to Cybertron and take it back. Thus we get a TF4 which could start the Unicron trilogy. I want to say Shockwave and/or Soundwave retreated back to Cybertron. Maybe they take Megs' body back to Cybertron to be revived and the Autobots figured now would be the best time to go back while the Decepticons are at their weakest. Maybe we'll get an after credits scene or audio bit of a transmission where Prime tells Ultra Magnus to rally the troops.

Will it happen? Who knows. A full CG is possible, look at Avatar (well most of it) and how well that did.... but then again, Avatar and TF are entirely different. Plus Avatar had humans. I don't know how Hollywood would see a no human, all robot movie. Expensive maybe.

I dont think setting up for a TF4 would happen. At least not in such a specific manner as a Unicron trilogy. Bay probably wouldn't be attached to 3 more films and a new director/writers could mean it goes a completely different way if another movie is to happen.

The movies need to be done. Let the property rest in that respect and pimp out GI JOE and other Hasbro brands. Reboot TFs again in 5-10 years.

Archived