Bad ebay seller

Cybcouncil

I will take great care in packing all items, however I can not control how the package is handled once its mailed

FYI the on thing people havent really stated here is that he cannot make the disclaimer listed above. Paypals buyer protection states that it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the item is protected for postage. if it arrives broken you can go straight to paypal for a claim whether the guy wants to be funny and refuse to refund or not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will take great care in packing all items, however I can not control how the package is handled once its mailed

FYI the on thing people havent really stated here is that he cannot make the disclaimer listed above. Paypals buyer protection states that it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the item is protected for postage. if it arrives broken you can go straight to paypal for a claim whether the guy wants to be funny and refuse to refund or not.

Yes, this is true. Whenever I go to buy from someone and they say this, I ignore it and think "Hell yes you are responsible. I'll be opening a case if it's damaged"

Basically, if you read eBay and Paypal's rules and regulations, TOS and all that, you should already know this. I know sometimes it's annoying or boring to read all that, but when it comes to something as important as this, you better know where you stand. You are dealing with people's money, after all. eBay also has some kind of "test" thing you can take after reading the rules, to make sure you know all the basics.

im in no way condoning him just sending this in a bubble envelope, thats just a disgrace! but.... being an ebay seller in the uk i have to say that ebay are ripping the arse out of sellers with all their fees and at the minute ( for europe anyway as far as im aware) the only part ebay dont reap from is the postage so some sellers are forced to make any profits just off the postage. ebay take over £2k a month from me, plus another £1.5k on paypal fees so with overheads like that i can see why sellers would do it. that being said id neg him if he doesnt refund and neutral him if he does

im in no way condoning him just sending this in a bubble envelope, thats just a disgrace! but.... being an ebay seller in the uk i have to say that ebay are ripping the arse out of sellers with all their fees and at the minute ( for europe anyway as far as im aware) the only part ebay dont reap from is the postage so some sellers are forced to make any profits just off the postage. ebay take over £2k a month from me, plus another £1.5k on paypal fees so with overheads like that i can see why sellers would do it. that being said id neg him if he doesnt refund and neutral him if he does

The thing is, there are other options for selling your transformers. And you have the option of raising the price of the item to overcome the fees. The unfortunate part is that eBay charges a fee based on the selling price, so when you raise the price to overcome fees, you are gaining even more fees. Fees fees fees. :tfpuke I can see why people would get annoyed with it all and put it in the S&H cost, but it's dishonest.

• 1 month later...

sigh. Just bought an Armada Leader class Prime on eBay with free shipping over 3 weeks ago. Haven't received the item yet. Sellers page says he would ship within 5 business days. Seeing as i never received a shipping notification or DC number for the item, i asked when i should expect the item. He replied back with this gem on Sunday "um well delivery says u should on july 5 but u should receive it in a couple of days due to july 4th post office being closed ok." Sure, i would love to get my item today but seeing as how eBay just sent me an email saying the seller shipped my item today, i don't think i'll be seeing it today as the seller quoted me.

how can people be so stupid?! selling on eBay isn't that hard?! it took everything i had in me to not rip the dude a new one but my GF told me to relax since i got free shipping. Should that matter? Seller agreed to ship my item within 5 business days. Today is business day 11. 13 if you count the saturdays that are also available. i'm tried of dumb people. there are FAQ's available to help people. why does no one read them.

sorry. just needed to vent.

After the 5th day, you should have asked him for the tracking number. Still ask him for it and see if he gives it to you

And the tracking number showed that it was shipped today. ok who is the seller?

"Acceptance, 2011-07-05, 13:20:00, ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL, 32714" thats what it says when you click on the USPS DC number. So the seller dropped it off today at 120pm Floritard time.

Hey off topic but I bought something from robotkingdom almost a year ago,they billed me but I never did receive it..its still listed as out of stock. Any advice? I would just like my money back

email them! I would get the order number from the original email they sent you after placing your purchase. I would have been on their ass a month after the item should have been in my hands. hopefully they didn't ship it and they can refund you back your money. if they shipped it and it got lost, then you might be SoL which sucks and is always a danger with buying from an over seas company. I ordered Exgraver from them and i'm praying nothing goes wrong!

Archived