Bad ebay seller

Cybcouncil

So I buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110667509070&si=ShkhZb2jryqY2dPbXL1IrUUZX8o%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_974wt_698

I really need the arm cause mine broke off and was lost during a move. So first the guy takes a week to ship. Which was stated that he ships only on Sundays (which he states is because he lives in Canada which is weird cause it says on the auction that hes from NY) so I was Ok I guess. But then I finally get the arm today and he ships it in a padded envelope from New York. And it arrives with his hand snapped off. Yeah $7 shipping. Now I know he wrote this:

I will take great care in packing all items, however I can not control how the package is handled once its mailed

But Come on. He just placed the arm in a bubble envelope. For $7 he could have shipped it in a box with peanuts. If he wanted to make an extra $5 he should have added $5 to the item price instead of cheapening out on the actual shipping.

And now I still have a shockwave thats still incomplete.

So sorry for the rant and Buyer beware

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative feedback him, then send an email to eBay about it. I've done that and eBay has come down hard on the sellers

Negative feedback him, then send an email to eBay about it. I've done that and eBay has come down hard on the sellers

Hmm I was thinking about the negative. Never thought about emailing ebay. My buddy on facebook told me to give him a nuetral but I don't think he deserves a neutral. I know Im mad right now but come on mailing an already fragile arm piece in a padded envelope is just bad shipping to me. So what do you guys think? Negative or Neutral?

You still have the envelope right? How much was the shipping paid? If it was less than $7, you can file a complaint to eBay on the basis that he gouged you on shipping. eBay is extremely anal about that. Their rules specifically state that you can not 'pad' shipping and handling. You can only charge for the actual shipping charges, and a 'reasonable' amount for the packaging. Reasonable would be, maybe, $1 because you can buy a 4pk of those padded envelopes at Staples for $3. Send eBay a pic of the envelope with the shipping charges on it and let them do the rest.

You still have the envelope right? How much was the shipping paid? If it was less than $7, you can file a complaint to eBay on the basis that he gouged you on shipping. eBay is extremely anal about that. Their rules specifically state that you can not 'pad' shipping and handling. You can only charge for the actual shipping charges, and a 'reasonable' amount for the packaging. Reasonable would be, maybe, $1 because you can buy a 4pk of those padded envelopes at Staples for $3. Send eBay a pic of the envelope with the shipping charges on it and let them do the rest.

Yes I have the envelope I just got it today. He paid for 5ozs first class. Which I looked up on Paypal which equals $2.09. Though I don't think he got the label off paypal it says pitney bowes on the label. How do I email ebay?

Ebay needs to get Amazon level strict on shipping. I've seen Transformers auctions where the seller is asking 20-30 bucks in standard shipping for a deluxe or voyager figure, seems a pretty common practice. I often wonder if my figure will come nestled in velvet with a bottle of scotch for prices like that. Put a category cap on that crap like Amazon does.

Ebay needs to get Amazon level strict on shipping. I've seen Transformers auctions where the seller is asking 20-30 bucks in standard shipping for a deluxe or voyager figure, seems a pretty common practice. I often wonder if my figure will come nestled in velvet with a bottle of scotch for prices like that. Put a category cap on that crap like Amazon does.

Contacted Ebay. And I have to agree on the shipping prices being nuts now. I sell baf parts and I usually charge like $4 to ship and that includes me shipping it in a box and with padding. Maybe it me expecting too much.

Shipping is one of the first things I look at, and if it is insane no matter what the purchase price is I leave it along and look elsewhere. It's kind of a protest against high shippers

Man, between this and your TFCC fiasco you may just wind up soured on e-commerce forever.

Archived