Transformers on Sale at Walmart

Jason X

generations are not on clearance only hunt for the decptcons and power core combines are. I should know I work at the Super Walmart in Horsham Pa near the Willow Grove Park Mall. Last night we just got in the Dark of the Moon wave one figures but will not be out untill Sunday may 15th near 10 pm when i go in to stock the shelves (i work overnight)

Grukskull Aka Chuck

we have wave one of the deluxe and leader class and aslo the walmart exclusive legend 3 pack with bumblebee soundwave and hot rod

I went and my Walmart actually had some things I wanted before, but didn't buy due to price. Bought scouts Hubcap and Firetrap, both are decent. I'll probably take Firetrap back though because I'm trying to get rid of my movie figures that aren't featured on screen. Hubcap is somewhat G1, like Breacher(aka Roller :P) so I'll keep him. Also found Generations Kup, which almost made me flip out as my order from BBTS had just arrived and all. I'll probably sell this second Kup on eBay or something, if I don't need it for parts/custom work.

Also picked up Seaspray at Target for 13.98 and tax. Pretty noice.

The WalMArts around here haven't clearanced them yet. In fact the 2 closest to me clogged their pegs even more with the crap they got in at x-mas time. So its safe to say that these 2 walmarts will be putting out DotM toys anytime soon. Even with the launch next monday. Target will be my best bet as these stores are barren in my area.

Will be checking next Friday at Walmart for anything new on clearance and then the following Monday hopefully get Sentinel Prime

I've got 2 new movie figs already. Sentinel Prime, and Topspin...Love them both! SP is a bit fickle and needs time to get everything right, but like Leader Revenge/Fallen Prime, worth the effort.

Not quite as much of a chore either. Topspin on the other hand...Just nice! Don't think many will hate the figure itself other than the head, which doesn't bother me at all. He's a real good solid deluxe class figure.

Is he the same size as the ROTF leaders? or did they shrink the leader class like they did the Deluxe?

Are we sure they shrunk down the Deluxe class entirely, or did they just do it to Bumblebee? One thing I've always liked about TFs, is that even though two may be in the same class, they're not necessarily the same height (in vehicle or robot mode). Just look at the Generations/Classics/RTS/Uni 2.0 line. We've got a lot in the Deluxe range that aren't the same size. Bumblebee and Jazz are great examples of this.

As for anticipation for DOTM, both TRUs in my area have put just about everything on clearance, and a bunch of the Targets have too. I was in one yesterday and managed to score an extra RTS Tracks on clearance that I needed for a project. I was in two Wal-Marts the other day and one was a little fuller than the other, but stuff was marked down.

That would be great news if Walmart had anything worth buying.

Too bad yours has dried up. The ones I go to still have some surprises. I've seen random Kups and Scourges plus it's good for filling in gaps or stuff that may have not been worth it at full price. Getting Tomahawk and Terradive essentially 2 for 1 was cool and I'm tempted to get Sea Attack Ravage since I already have the original and Recon Ravage. Oh, and I did just score Onslaught a Steamhammer/Constructicons PCC set there. My wife is bakery manager at Walmart so the set was only $13.50 with her discount! Woot woot!

My long-winded point is not all Walmarts are bone dry.

I found the oddest thing Sunday morning. I had already checked out with my groceries and was leaving the store when I walked past the "returns" carts in front of customer service. In one of those carts was a Generations Scourge! How did he end up there? Well, he ended up on my shelf so I guess it doesnt really matter. That is at least a sign that they are around.

Are we sure they shrunk down the Deluxe class entirely, or did they just do it to Bumblebee? One thing I've always liked about TFs, is that even though two may be in the same class, they're not necessarily the same height (in vehicle or robot mode). Just look at the Generations/Classics/RTS/Uni 2.0 line. We've got a lot in the Deluxe range that aren't the same size. Bumblebee and Jazz are great examples of this.

Yeah, I've only seen DotM BB standing next to Battle Blade BB, with Battle Blade being taller. But BBBB is taller than a lot of deluxes, including the original movie BB. My guess is the new BB may just be a little shorter...

Also got to remember in Animated and RotF that Lockdown was a deluxe but was as tall as Voyager's.

Seen a lot of figures on clearance around here as well. I bought a Tracks and two of Jazz at a Target, both marked down to about $8 each, so I was VERY happy as I didn't have them yet. A Walmart nearby has an entire endcap of PCC five packs...all Constructicons and Dinobots! $15 each. Funny how they were so hard to find, now there is a huge endcap with dozens of each. Hoping to find a G2 Prime and a Scourge someday soon. I've seen each once, and sadly didn't get them when I had the chance. Lots of stores around here are completely empty of Transformers, and several already have the Dark of the Moon pegs and prices in place! Sadly, our Target lists the deluxe figures as $13.08 each. What a weird price...

Archived