Blitz-Wing

Review: DOTM Shockwave Figure

Hey Blitz, does your Shockwave have a problem with plugging the head into the chest in robot mode? It doesn't seem to go in very far for me, and it doesn't stay.

You have to make sure the head is straight forward. Any slightest twist and it won't plug in right.

Well, it plugs in, it just doesn't go in very far. It only pops out if I move the head without holding the back still... I think I will check out the cuts on the plastic and see if there are any "leftovers" that need to be cut away.

Surprised this wasn't really mentioned that I saw, but in alt mode you can pretty solidly slide the cannon (with blade mounted) right into the middle between the arms and they hold the cannon in place pretty well.

Whether or not that's part of the intended design, who knows, but it does work and if I might say...looks a little better. More like a traditional type tank.

Added some pics to show what I mean...you can even get some tilt action!

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1955.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

Edited by madman1366

Surprised this wasn't really mentioned that I saw, but in alt mode you can pretty solidly slide the cannon (with blade mounted) right into the middle between the arms and they hold the cannon in place pretty well.

Whether or not that's part of the intended design, who knows, but it does work and if I might say...looks a little better. More like a traditional type tank.

Added some pics to show what I mean...you can even get some tilt action!

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1955.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

Very froot! I'll have to try that.

Update on the chest peg: Yeah, I didn't see any extra plastic or anything that said "cut me" so I left it alone. The head isn't really attached to the part that swivels so I don't see why it would need to be straight. This might not be that big of a deal, actually. I just wonder if it can go in further.

^I couldn't get the cannon to fit like you had, but it inspired me to make some of my own fan modes. Specifically, GUN modes. I took a couple dozen pictures but don't have time to upload them today. Sunday or Monday, maybe.

Found him at Walmart this weekend, didn't know what to think looking at him in the package. Having him in hand he's a decent figure.

DSCN1956.jpg

I gotta ask... what's the poster in the background?

Iron Maiden Number of the Beast tapestry that my nephew got from the concert last summer. Unfortunately it's partially obstructed by entertainment center and lamp. However, I placed there mostly to cover a poster size "new" spot from a poster I took off the wall after a loooooooooong time. Just a quick fix until I can repaint the walls.

As for the cannon, there's not much to it. You just kinda slide it in between his folded arms. It's a very natural fit. Doesn't peg or slot to anything but it does hold just fine, like it was meant to go in that way. Might have to loosen him up a bit, you might not get it right otherwise. Once you get it in place you have to sort of push everything back tight together again from the sides.

You can even pick it up and flip it all around...it won't fall out. Gotta be a bit careful though when going for any tilt action. I just like him a whole lot better that way!

Edited by madman1366

http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/y305/Suba-Duba/dotm%20shockwave%20and%20such/

guest pass: sh7sta

Pics of gun modes I made, some inspired by the g1 look, and others that hold together better. also some "fabulous" posing pictures I thought were funny when I took them. I was tired. =_=

You know instead of mounting the cannon on his left arm, you could just plug it into his left hand. Perfect fit and not loose.

2lmwk6a.jpg

Edited by Optics

DSCN1956.jpg

I gotta ask... what's the poster in the background?

Iron Maiden Number of the Beast tapestry that my nephew got from the concert last summer. Unfortunately it's partially obstructed by entertainment center and lamp. However, I placed there mostly to cover a poster size "new" spot from a poster I took off the wall after a loooooooooong time. Just a quick fix until I can repaint the walls.

As for the cannon, there's not much to it. You just kinda slide it in between his folded arms. It's a very natural fit. Doesn't peg or slot to anything but it does hold just fine, like it was meant to go in that way. Might have to loosen him up a bit, you might not get it right otherwise. Once you get it in place you have to sort of push everything back tight together again from the sides.

You can even pick it up and flip it all around...it won't fall out. Gotta be a bit careful though when going for any tilt action. I just like him a whole lot better that way!

Figured it out last night. You basically have to push it in from the front. It will not go in from the top or any other angle. It does hold pretty well, and you can tilt the cannon upward a bit. I like to plug the cable into one of the arms in this configuration. Pretty neat.