Angry Hasbro Rant

madman1366

That is actually part of what got me going here in the first place. The fact that many people can still go and find the first HA Skids all over, most never saw Mudflap and here we are already getting the Skids repaint.

I mean, couldn't they at least have passed the Mudflap on for a store exclusive or something...to at least get people a chance to finally get him? No...we have to get yet another repaint of Sideswipe, the worst figure in the line!

It just seems like the light is on, but nobody is home.

People did get a chance. He was released in stores! He's also been sitting in TJ Maxx and Marshalls since before Christmas. There were literally a pile of them on a table in the Marshalls down the street from me a few weeks ago. Go buy one at one of those stores (cheap) or pay more than it's worth buying it off Amazon or Ebay if you absolutely need it.

You didn't read through well enough before posting. I tried every Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and every other store like them for months as did around 30 or so other local collectors...we ALL came up empty and we've still all been checking.

Yeah, Mudflaps were "technically" out there, but too few and far between. I mean, I'm not in the boonies here...Chicago is a pretty big area to totally strike out in. So if ain't here, I imagine there's plenty more who never got any.

I'm sorry...with this type of thing getting progressively worse, I'm not going to let Hasbro slide.

It's not like we saw these figures once or twice in early stages then found out they were cancelled. But we've been getting fed all the hype and build up to these figures right up to the very day that...oops, sorry, don't hit or fully ever hit the retail market.

The build up to some of these figures being many months. We've seen in package pictures anywhere between 3 to 6 months ago of a lot of them...then nothing.

But for the love of god already...can someone please...PLEASE explain to me how Hasbro decided to repaint HA Skids and release that when there are still hundreds, if not thousands (speaking of areas as a whole) of the original figures still plaguing shelves all over the place????

Or how some of the worst figures always seem to end up with the most repaints? Or as I compared it to earlier...the green and yellow jelly beans instead of more of the red ones!

If it's a matter of saying it's simply that the lesser liked figures tend to be the ones with the cheapest production costs so that's why they repaint so many...then it might make sense, but then again, seeing they never seem to sell that well probably not.

Again though, I do believe Hasbro can do a better if they pay attention to what sells at the store level a bit more. The reps visit the stores anyway, so it's not like it's asking anyone to do anything anywhere out of the way...just jot down some numbers on some checklists...that's it.

It's taking that info and using it correctly that is the challenge for Hasbro. Not something impossible to accomplish. Everyone in the business world wants to know how they can be better...well, we're just trying to help. Take it for what it's worth.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also couldn't find HA Mudflap at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. Perhaps all they had left was the other toys in the case that Mudflap came in, but I never found Mudflap.

I guess I should put it out there as well, that Hasbro doesn't necessarily have to jam these down the big retailers throats to get them to us.

However, if things fall through and certain figures never get their due production runs at retail...then fine, give us some more options for obtaining them...that's all.

Boost shipments to online retailers, give some heads up on discount retailers who may carry them...something! Hasbro has their own online toy shop...USE IT!!!

Yeah, small amounts may trickle through their online store then those are gone fast.

Ditto on a lot of the discount retailers and in many cases those figures are gone before a lot of people knew to check them in the first place.

It doesn't do Hasbro any good to waste the time and money it spent to design and develop some of these figures only to let them fade into nothing. All the tooling was done, machines set up, box art and packaging set...all that was apparently done and figures produced, so why let them just die on the vine?

Archived