All Hail Megatron

Megatronus

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like All Hail Megatron?

• Yes, awesome
    • I hated it
    • Didn't even read it

I've seen the fandom divided pretty much straight down the middle on this, did you like or hate AHM? Why?

I'd have to say it's the least terrible neo-G1 comic. Nothing post-Marvel # 80 has really been good IMO, but AHM came closer than most.

AHM was a really good read and despite what people think doesn't tie into the IDW work before hand, BUT it does. If you read carefully and closely enough it all makes sense and able to fill in the holes. Just wish they used Jetfire's robot and alt mode they had during Stormbringer

in the new ongoing.

The IDW continuity was kind of a mess anyway before AHM so I don't know why people got all bent out of shape about it honestly.

If you didn't read any of the spotlights before AHM I could see how it could be sort of a mess. But if you read them as per IDW reading order everything makes sense.

I find it difficult to follow Transformer comics where IDW is concerned. I have no idea in what order any of the series are in so I have no clue where to start. Its almost overwhelming.

I'd much rather wait for a collection of all the issues to come out and then buy those. Which I have for the first 2 volumes of AHM and so far they are really good. I like them. I have no idea why Perceptor is a sniper now, etc etc but I just view it as another verse. It helps me rationalize it more.

Uh yeah so on topic:

I like AHM. I like it because it has a new twist on things. Optimus is already dead, the Autobots are in shambles and on the run, the Decepticons have basically conquered the planet and the human story with the Cloverfield-ish (or any alien movie-ish) survival and small resistance is likable.

More importantly whatever happened to that motion-comic thing they were throwing around awhile back? I cant find the video anywhere but it was friggin awesome!

I find it difficult to follow Transformer comics where IDW is concerned. I have no idea in what order any of the series are in so I have no clue where to start. Its almost overwhelming.

I'd much rather wait for a collection of all the issues to come out and then buy those. Which I have for the first 2 volumes of AHM and so far they are really good. I like them. I have no idea why Perceptor is a sniper now, etc etc but I just view it as another verse. It helps me rationalize it more.

Uh yeah so on topic:

I like AHM. I like it because it has a new twist on things. Optimus is already dead, the Autobots are in shambles and on the run, the Decepticons have basically conquered the planet and the human story with the Cloverfield-ish (or any alien movie-ish) survival and small resistance is likable.

More importantly whatever happened to that motion-comic thing they were throwing around awhile back? I cant find the video anywhere but it was friggin awesome!

If you are able to track down the Transformers Continium(sp?) 1 shot that came out before the ongoing series, at the end of it, it will list all the comics IDW has put out to that point in the order to read them. Also, the Drift mini-series fits in after MEgatron: Origin. As for the ironhide mini-series...definately after MEtroplex Spotlight but after Issue 1 of the ongoing.

All that did was make me want to shoot myself.

So it goes: Megatron: Origins, Drift, Metroplex, Ironhide then AHM?

I hate my life :redface

All that did was make me want to shoot myself.

So it goes: Megatron: Origins, Drift, Metroplex, Ironhide then AHM?

I hate my life :redface

Nooooooo. there is ALOT more to read then that. There are like 20 or more spotlights, you have Stormbringer, Infiltration, Revelations, Devastation, and some others. I'll put a whole list and correct reading order on here when I get the chance.

And then I'll save that list and buy them as I can. :D

The staff should feature an article putting all the confusing IDW titles in order chronologically with short descriptions. Catching all us "non-savvy at comics" TF fans up.

Archived