Reveal the Shield Prowl

KFGatri

After much searching & waiting, I finally found one of the RtS Legends - Prowl. While not my favorite character, he's definitely iconic enough to warrant picking up.

From the picures online, I thought Prowl might be a redeco or remold of Legends Jazz. After handling & comparing, I have to say he's a unique mold with the same transformation scheme, like G1 Bumblebee/Cliffjumper or G2 Smokescreen/Energon Starscream. Every part is differently shaped & proportioned from Jazz.

The car mode is the tradtional police cruiser, with a red lightbar on the roof and highway patrol markings on the doors. The windows and headlights are metallic blue, and the bumper region replicates that area on G1 Prowl, still emulating Japanese police cars. The rubsign on mine is crooked, but it'll be replaced with a proper Autobrand anyway. The deco is basic, but effective. I'm sure Reprolabels will soon release a set to add more detail.

The transformation is basic, as you'd expect for a Legend. Pull out the doors to become arms, flip out the back of the car to become the legs, flip the feet out, the hood becomes the chest. It took longer to type the transformation than to do it.

Robot mode is unmistakably Prowl. The head is dead on, white with a silver painted face and red crest. Only the door windows become the wings - the rest of the door (with the Highway Patrol markings) become the arms. His previously-hidden forearms and waist are black. The overall effect is a decent miniaturization of the classic Prowl. He can move at the shoulders, and his legs are articulated at the waist, knees and his ankles can pivot forward and back a bit, all from the transform scheme.

If you can find him, get him.

I bought the set of 6 online and they're all impressive. I knew what to expect of Goldbug, but the others are pure win too. Especially Megatron, once you repaint his annoying orange tip

Did you find him in a store? I havent seen anything new in about a month - and have never seen the G1 legends in stores. I got them online.

I picked him, as well as Wreck-Gar, at a local comic shop. That seems to be the only type of place in the Philly area that's getting the new figures. Meanwhile, TRU is an endless sea of Tuner Mudflaps.

Archived