Animated Lugnut

Liege Evilmus

Hey guys. Sorry for not being around, but I explained my absence around the holidays. I'm working my way back though.

Well, I'm typing this from my brother's house, there's been a family get together because my oldest nephew Joey is getting ready to ship off with the Navy to Afganistan.

Amist all the worry for this kid who use to cry in my mom's back yard cause he when cakka in his panties, well, the man we've gathered to celebrate is learned & true calused with everything we have to give & then some.

Couldn't be more prouder even though he did bring up Power Rangers with me.

Still I saw that coming & suprized him with the recent Release of the Megazord & Titanus.

-He did ask about Dragonzord, & I promised him there'd be one when he comes home(IDK, I'll get him a origional)

Thats my nephew though & I'm proud that he turned out as well balanced as he did with both a sense of obligation & a recollection of fun.

Well, Like I said I'm at my brother's house & I have a couple boxes here with some figure that I just couldn't resist opening. One of them was Animated Lugnut one of the few Animated figures I really liked. Oh how he beat on Beast machines Divebomb.....

Well that brings us to the next part of the story. At the send off for my nephew the family was stunned to see my Grandpa Lee fly overhead & call from Teterboro airport.

Grandpa Lee is my late father's stepdad. He's gotta be pushing 90, & while he wasn't always present in our lives, he was always there for my Dad. It was amazing to see the man show up. He maybe met my nephew once before.

Joey kinda shyed away from him, a bit nervous about what he's getting into. He came into my sorta room in my brother's basement where I'm typing this for reasurance & at a point I realized everything from the sympathy to tough love to old fashioned beatings I gave the kid over the years where nothing for this situation....

Thats when Grandpa Lee knocked on the door. He looked around & told me I should be doing better. I reasured him I'm working on it and was graced with a thin lipped smile of aproval which was returned.

-see, he wasn't there for me, neither was I, this was about Joey.

Grandpa Lee took my place sitting on my cot & told Joey about WWII. B17Lee is still the lisence plate on his Buick. He told Joey that the things he does today matter & may be misconstrued in the future but the piont will get across.

Thats when he picked up Lugnut, he twirled it around & told him his best days where flying planes just like this. He pointed out how his pal Evan use to sit in a belly gun where "this silver piece is" then went on about everything wrong with the model that somehow proved his point...

-it's a long story but one that reasured my nephew as his bus came by early to take him for deployment.

It doesn't stop there though. After Joey retired for that night & Grandpa Lee got up & said he should be off to his hotel I couldn't resist myself. I told him the Model B17 wasn't just that. He looked at me with faint care as I transformed the figure. Lee looked at the squat angry looking robot & said "how'd you make it look like your mother?"

-my mother's a 4'9" 200lb angry Itlian woman...

We laughed, we laughed, we laughed, we laughed as we did shots of Johnny Walker Blue from the bottle my brother had hidden in his basement. Then I told him the robot was a bad guy which lead to laughing more.

So thats my story here. I don't really know what the point is, but if I had to guess looking at a torch being passed from one generation to the next, struggles, asperations, & what not, maybe it's just about the little things that find a way to connect us as family.

Joey shipped out today, with best wishes. Grandpa Lee flew back hom today with those same wishes & "a neat little thing" to show the fellas at the VFW.

Cheers To The Heros!

First of all... welcome back Liege. Glad to hear from you and that things are going ok.

Secondly, that's an awesome story! It's amazing how something so small can mean something so much to people and unite generations into a common understanding. Sometimes the simpliest of things mean the most and can display the most complex ideas and emotions.

And thirdly, Best of luck to you, your family and perhaps most importantly, Joey. The work those men are doing is often misunderstood and under appreciated, and most deserve the utmost respect.

:usa :thumb

Thanks man!

& sadly I'm not quite back yet, just visiting family for Joey's send off.

Still the experience was just to rich not to share. It was just so emotional looking at a man who served with dignity, & another about to do the same. Then seeing how a little toy binded, it's just a reminder that everything is significant.

God Speed to Joey!

And thanks to Grandpa Lee!

I hope to be back permanetly soon, just lying low for a while rebuilding the bank. Till then everyone keep on keeping on, of all the fan bases this is the best!

Did your Grandpa Lee take your Lugnut with him? If he did that is cool, that you let him have it so he can show his friends at the VFW

Leige is back online (dont worry dude i vanished from here for two months or so before the town i moved in built this library. Now i can go online everyday. I think its more worth it to do this then spend the $80 bucks MORE then my already high cable bill of $76). Well good to hear from ya. Give me a PM if you feel like it or have time. :P

Damn good story and good to hear from you again Liege! Please give my fondest wishes to all involved when you get the chance.

Also, Animated Lugnut is one awesome figure!

Great story. Grandparents are the best they never hold back. The bit he said about your mother reminded me of something my late grandfather would say. :tflaugh

God Speed to your nephew.

My grandmother would just say it's "from the devil" and "straight from hell."

Archived