Linkin Park and DOTM

masterminicon

Should Linkin Park do a song specifically for DOTM like ROTF?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Linkin Park DOTM song like "New Divide"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I hope I'm not alone on this, but I'm probably a little biased considering am an avid Linkin Park fan. But I would love to see them do a song for DOTM like they did with ROTF. "New Divide" is an awesome song, and the music video is pretty cool too. However, if they were, wouldn't we have heard something by now?

If I remember correctly we didn't hear about New Divide until much closer to the release of RotF. Personally I like the songs they've done for the movie, although their last couple albums have stunk. Hopefully we'll hear something, but I really can't see where they would pass on them doing the third movie, so give it some time, I'm sure it's coming haha.

I say YES. Bay used them for the first two, so I don't see why not. I would prefer that they make a new song like what they did for TF2. Not like TF1 where the song was already on their LP's Minutes to Midnight Album.

Title-wise, it would sound right.... but so would "Robot Boy" :tflaugh and a few others.

"The Catalyst" would be my preferred choice from the album for the movie, but that song was already used by MoH.

Title-wise, it would sound right.... but so would "Robot Boy" :tflaugh and a few others.

"The Catalyst" would be my preferred choice from the album for the movie, but that song was already used by MoH.

MoH? ("The Catalyst" was also called dibs on by Gundam. XD )

Medal of Honor

Here's the Gundam usage of "The Catalyst"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2OCqJ5EKI which I really like, due to how the high energy portion of the song works with the style of the opening.

Also: Wow. I hit up Youtube to check it out for MoH, and they used "The Catalyst"'s 'soft' point pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYmKNLe_AQ

embedded videos for those who wanted to see. :tflaugh

Im the opposite of you guys. I friggin hate Linkin Park and their nu-metal rap-rock "hey my voice sounds exactly the same in every song" singer Chester whatever his name is. It just irritates me more then anything else. Certainly no reason to avoid the movie, just to bring some ear plugs for when the credits roll.

Archived