How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

I love Animated, still miss it, think getting the BotCon Stunticon is the best $300 I ever spent, and sincerely hope we get a comic continuation.

I love Animated, still miss it, think getting the BotCon Stunticon is the best $300 I ever spent, and sincerely hope we get a comic continuation.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prime is great, and the novels, browser based TF Universe, and Fall of Cybertron expand the story further. I'm all for that. I do however feel there's room for the TFA story to cotinue. By the end of season 3 it was really developing nicely. Even Marty Isenberg and Derrick Wyatt expressed the desire to tell the story of season 4 in comic form in their interview with the TFCC, issue #39 page 15. If they're on board to tell the story I'll happily pay the extra $3-$4 a month to read it.

• 1 month later...

For the longest time, I did not have the Hub. The other day it "magically" appeared on my guide. I DVR'd Prime right away. I think I am pretty much caught up by now. My thoughts on this show can be summed up with this: Starscream is wearing stiletto heals - WTF?

• 1 year later...

I'm not a huge fan of long drawn out series. Too many times they just get stale. I'm fine with 3 - 4 season shows...just make'em solid and end them solid! None of this, oh we're canceling this soon, so it's just gonna fizzle out and wrap up quickly, so we can get to the next flavor...and do the same thing to it. :doh

What we saw with Animated, and apparently what it looks like is happening with Prime, is worse than that, though. They're great ideas, full of potential, that are practically treated as filler between the extremely disjointed and inconsistent Bay movies. Yeah, I know they rake in plenty at the box office, but they're pretty lousy, both as a continuum and on the shelves.

Here's an idea: make a correlation between a movieverse (unrelated to Bay's so-called 'vision') and a toonverse, and let it run over several years. The same would apply to the toys. Consistency will take you far, Hasbro.

Hasbro should get a director and team of writers interested in the same thing. That way they could have a show that correlates with the movies in between theatrical releases. Tie everything together like they so desperately want.

• 1 month later...

You know, I'm rewatching episode four and it's dawned on me that I've really grown to care about these characters in a big way and really wish that Hasbro Studios would reconsider canceling Transformers Prime to redirect for the movie. In my minds eye there's enough room for both to be done and after we got an Optimal Prime in this new series, I find myself just wanting to know more about this universe and see how much further these characters can grow.

My hopes are that there will be room for Transformers Prime after the movie has long gone... but we shall see.

Much love for this series! :love

Archived