How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

That's because you usually say "It sucks" and call it crap at some point.

Not to fear though, I'm sure you'll be able to tell us why things that suck and are crap are all we deserve/should expect.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because you usually say "It sucks" and call it crap at some point.

Not to fear though, I'm sure you'll be able to tell us why things that suck and are crap are all we deserve/should expect.

That's right.

• 3 months later...

Animosity much?

Comparing it to all the TF shows before it I would say Prime is middle-of-the-pack. It's not terrible but it's definitely not good either. Like I'm not glued to my TV waiting for an episode like I was with Animated or Beast Wars when I was a kid.

Seriously, Beast Wars blew my little mind. How about a spin-off of that? I'd watch it.

Prime is far from perfect, but I do find myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. I enjoy the various character interaction more than anything. Like this past episode with Arcee and Starscreams back and forth. That and I admit, I'm a sucker for things like random Skyquake (though they didn't have to kill him right the hell off, really getting tired of the obscure characters = cannon fodder meme going on in TF media).

As for other things, why was Wheeljack basically Drift? That cheesed me off, I'm not beyond change, but really? They have said though that his mechanic stuff will show in future episodes. If so, I have no qualms with him being able to hand out a ass whooping. He is a soldier after all.

Knock Out is awesome, I really dig him. I'm not fond of Breakdown being a big guy, but he's slowly becoming an interesting character, so I'm cool. I was really turned off by Soundwave initially, but he's really become interesting to me. He's Soundwave to every degree you expect, except quiet, which makes sense. Yeah, yeah tapes... I'm talking about character here. I don't mind the humans, never did in any other show. Well, for one exception.

Miko pisses me off.

Hrmmm... on one hand the show is rather mediocre -- not awful, but not fantastic either. But on the other hand, I'm sick and tired of all these "disposable" continuities that we've had in the past decade -- reboot after reboot after reboot... I miss the old days when continuities ya know... lasted! One thing I really liked about Beast Wars was how it continued on from G1/G2 continuity... which isn't easy to do (which is why people do reboots - it's the lazy option). So in a way I'd like to see Prime continue... but I get the feeling that it was intended to be yet another disposable continuity, riding on the coat-tails of the film franchise's success; once that bandwagon starts slowing down, Prime will probably get scrapped (if not sooner than that).

If it were up to me, I'd scrap Prime and introduce a new series: Transformers: Generation 3

The toyline: Classics, Universe, Generations, Reveal The Shield

The story: Takes place after Generation 2 but before Beast Wars - telling the story of the final arc of the Autobot-Decepticon conflict and serving as a prequel for Beast Wars.

Miko pisses me off.

Miko in Japanese means "demon child" (魅子). In Gokinese it means "useless wench." :P

Can't believe I missed this thread. Personally I quite like Prime yes there are some things to be desired. However I much prefer Prime to Animated. ( sorry animated fans)

I would like to see focus on other characters instead of Arcee/Jack and Bulk/Miko. I need reasons to like Ratchet even more. For Prime himself I would like to see him lighten up. I realize they are in a war and he's experienced quite a bit of casualties. However would it be so much to ask him to smile like DOTM Prime did. Also wanted Wheeljack to stay but maybe later on the series.

The kids I'm kind of mixed about. Jack and Raf are.....ok, personally they don't bother me but Miko annoys me to no end. Honestly to me she's a lot more trouble than she's worth.

The cons I just love. I never thought I would actually LIKE a Starscream but Prime's Starscream is win for me, high heels and all. Megatron demeanor and personality are epic. Soundwave just icing on the cake. Wasn't too sure how I would take to him being silent, but it actually works quite well for him. Busting out on Starscream is pure gold, communications officer indeed. Skyquake was awesome, but yea I don't know why he was killed off so early either....shame. Arachnid I'm sort of indifferent about at the moment I'll see what more she does as the series progress. Breakdown and Knockout are to me very nice additions.

Story wise its a hit and miss, I would like to see more focus on the cons and bots rather than the children screwing things up. The season is still "young" so as maturity prevails, hopefully good changes are not far behind.

I like the show, HATE the TV scheduling for it. Seriously, a few new eps followed by a few weeks of re-runs. LAME!

It's hard to get a good feel for the show when you constantly have to keep waiting several weeks between new episodes.

Too much attention on Airachnid. IMO the least interesting transformer in the entire show and it seems like every episode since she's turned up has featured her in a big way. The humans don't bug me as much.

I hope the show sticks around for awhile. From what we've heard of who and what is coming in the next season, I'm more than excited!

Archived