How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

Bottom line, the humans in G1 were a great mix, Or at least good back ground since they kept most of the focus on the bots. Spike and Spark Plug had one thing going for them...THEY WEREN'T ANNOYING and they added to the fun of watching the G1 classics The writers could get the humans to mix well with the story and plot without making them comic relief and getting you to care for them also. I know that their trying to get the kids into TF again, but these kids ANNOY the kids watching them and going with the bay look was always a BIG mistake as well saying they don't want to be slavish to the original G1. Kind of makes you wonder...What made G! so great huh, Even Bay couldn't still figure THAT out. P.S Sorry about the rant, It's 4:20 am here.:poop:poop:poop

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep watching the show hoping it will get better. The more I watch the more I realize that isn't going to happen. The mini series that started Prime had some potential but even that was very dull. Once Megatron left everything interesting about the show died. Optimus is there but he has been regulated to background guy. Bumble Bee gets way more screen time and he doesn't even talk. Bumble Bee's inability to speak is another thing that bothers me. Hasbro already has a silent main character in GI Joe. He goes by the name Snake eyes.

So do I want Transformers Prime to continue? No, the show is too devoid of life and anything remotely entertaining. Those kids need to have 98% less screen time. This way there can be more action injected into the show. Honestly something needs to be done. The show needs to change today not 2 seasons from now.

OH, PLEASE GOD! MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT END.

Seriously, HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE A TRANSFORMERS CARTOON? Anyone in the involvement of that show doesn't know jack about Transformers and should stop getting paid. I wish the people who worked on GI Joe Renegades worked on transformers instead.

Yeah, some people take this stuff way too seriously. Of course if you've never left you mother's basement then your world is awful small.

yup, every fanbase has that community. i've met twilight fans that... well make me want to hide like the little guy behind the couch.

:lurk

Transformers Prime has great potential, and should be given a fighting chance. Between the handful of hiatuses and the relatively slow evolution of the show, I can understand all of the angst that fans are spewing. We're 12 episodes into the series, and there still is no solid direction for the show. It really didn't have a solid beginning - we were kinda just dropped into the middle of their adventure on Earth. I think fans would have preferred seeing a more iconic launch of the series by depicting the story of how the 'bots and 'cons end up on Earth - I suspect this approach wasn't taken because it's been done so many times. But with the absence of a strong villain - Megatron - and no solid direction for the season/series, we're all asking "Where the Hell is this thing going?"

As fans, we can afford to ask "Where the Hell is this thing going?" because of the many reboots we've had to endure. I'm fine with there being humans in the story line, but I'm wondering if they're actually hindering the story, and distracting us from focusing on the seminal characters. Why is Megatron always relegated to obscurity, and why can't Bumblebee ever talk nowadays? Can we let go of the Michael Bay cues?

Beast Wars, which is probably the best TF show to date as far as story and character development, had a very slow start too. Part of it was simply the fact that the writers and producers were trying to figure everything out. I'm hoping the same is the case for TFP. My hope is that this show lasts for a long time, and maybe even produce spin-offs - Optimus Prime has his show, Magnus/Hotrod has a show, Fortress Maximus has a show, etc. They could all run simultaneously, and maybe even cross over from time to time.

:agree megatron will be back, in the episode "out of his head" bumblebee is supposed to be possessed by megatron.:ohyeah

I was a great idea at the time, but it's time has come. Although it's being done as a comic book, it'd be great to see something like the Infiltration series forward (maybe even Stormbringer or the War Within) done as a cartoon; if they could get the right artists, it'd be beautiful.

I feel guilty that I didn't follow my "Read the whole thread rule" I usually follow but I just gotta say it:

Prime isn't bad.

But....

Prime isn't fantastic either. In fact I would go so far as to say that the most fantastic thing about it is how fantastically bland it is.

The writing is almost but NOT QUITE clever... Characters NEVER stray from their Archetype, and Prime seems to only be around to provide epic speeches and moral compass. The show recycles models to a ridiculous degree, and seems determined to hit EVERY cliche they can dredge up without doing ANYTHING to change it beyond adding robots to it.

Like... an Episode where Prime gets sick and they have to race for a cure? Seriously? How many hundred THOUSAND times has THAT been done?

Bleh. ANYWHO... sorry for the rant? But I just had to get it out. All in all, I'd RATHER see it improve than see it canned, but if they don't add a spark to it soon, I'm going to lose complete interest. :/

Seriously, HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE A TRANSFORMERS CARTOON? Anyone in the involvement of that show doesn't know jack about Transformers and should stop getting paid. I wish the people who worked on GI Joe Renegades worked on transformers instead.

You obviously know nothing of the amount of work that goes into making animation. I challenge you to pick up your crayons and prove me wrong. I'll be waiting right here.

You obviously know nothing of the amount of work that goes into making animation. I challenge you to pick up your crayons and prove me wrong. I'll be waiting right here.

Ha! Nice! I'm pretty sure he was talking more about the plotting than the production but still, well played!

Ha! Nice! I'm pretty sure he was talking more about the plotting than the production but still, well played!

I'm still waiting for a story that wasn't written by a 5 year old :P

Archived