How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

At first my opinion of the show was "this is lame and the bot modes for the transformers were a little bit too skinny." However after watching a few episodes my opinion changed and I stared to like the show. It's pretty epic at times like when "Cliff" died that was a bit much for a kids show but it was a great idea. I liked the connection between "Jacky and Bulk Head" but the show is missing a little more transformers. Another thing is that I'm a little confused as to is this series part of G1 with the exception of bulk head or is it just like a hand full of fan favorites?

Well I guess I I'm more into the transformers then the story line + my favorite series was ARMADA!!!! Sooooo epic especially when Starscream died. Anyway all in all I would give "Transformers Prime" an 8 out of 10

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the obvious with Black Aracnia, I can't complain about a new character. Though it could have been somebody new instead of Breakdown and might as well been.

I finally got caught up on Prime episodes last night and it looks like Brakedown and Knockout will be sticking around (I hope). Also, Airachnid (silly name) escaped but is stranded on Earth so it's only a matter of time until she hooks up with the Decepticons. All this points to the cast finally being expanded, allbeit not in the Autobots favor.

Man, I really, really hope we get figures for Brakedown and Knockout (crosses fingers).

I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't go with Black Arachnia? Whats next a Rhinoceros like Rhinox and they will call him Nose Horn?

:tflaugh No, now THAT would just be silly.

Hey, after Black Cat and X-O Pork, no names to silly.

As someone who watches paint dry professionally... most of you are being a bunch of whiny fanboys.* 3 seasons from now when they reboot it again you'll be all like, "Oh man this sucks why can it be like Prime? I'd much rather have had a fourth season of Prime than a shitty reboot!"

*(when is the TF fandom not? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER)

Transformers Prime has great potential, and should be given a fighting chance. Between the handful of hiatuses and the relatively slow evolution of the show, I can understand all of the angst that fans are spewing. We're 12 episodes into the series, and there still is no solid direction for the show. It really didn't have a solid beginning - we were kinda just dropped into the middle of their adventure on Earth. I think fans would have preferred seeing a more iconic launch of the series by depicting the story of how the 'bots and 'cons end up on Earth - I suspect this approach wasn't taken because it's been done so many times. But with the absence of a strong villain - Megatron - and no solid direction for the season/series, we're all asking "Where the Hell is this thing going?"

As fans, we can afford to ask "Where the Hell is this thing going?" because of the many reboots we've had to endure. I'm fine with there being humans in the story line, but I'm wondering if they're actually hindering the story, and distracting us from focusing on the seminal characters. Why is Megatron always relegated to obscurity, and why can't Bumblebee ever talk nowadays? Can we let go of the Michael Bay cues?

Beast Wars, which is probably the best TF show to date as far as story and character development, had a very slow start too. Part of it was simply the fact that the writers and producers were trying to figure everything out. I'm hoping the same is the case for TFP. My hope is that this show lasts for a long time, and maybe even produce spin-offs - Optimus Prime has his show, Magnus/Hotrod has a show, Fortress Maximus has a show, etc. They could all run simultaneously, and maybe even cross over from time to time.

There's lots to like about Prime, lots to gripe about. Not sure how it will stand up to the greatness of G1, Beast Wars/Machines, and of course Animated (my favs)thou.

Like the quality and the TF designs, the cinematography is great.

I'm for sure sick to death of stupid kids, they're an annoying bunch!! Save for Sari.

More than a little irritated at Optimus's "old man voice", its like he should have a cain or something. Plus, he looks younger than he sounds.

Wish there was more action and more interesting stories, it pretty boring, especially when those dang kids show up! And they just kill off Cliffjumper, LAME.

Oh, I HATE THE MUSIC TOO! Theme song and all. SUCKS VIRIDIAN SALAMI!!!!

Yeah, they should have modeled this show after G1 for sure. The Autobots were just great heroes, the Witwickys made sense. The Decepticons always have something up their sleeves, it was always a good ole time all the many characters had their to shine!!

So the verdict is still out on Prime, hoping they'll pick up steam soon!

One thing that really annoys me about Prime is the children. What is their big role in the fight against the bad guys? I do recognize Raff being the extra brains but what about Jack and Miko? I just see them as a burden and comic relief in the wrong place, and nearly being stepped on. I believe that their presence (except for Raff) is what is keeping me from enjoying this show to a full extent. Unless they have something like Sari's key, Daniel Witwicky's Exo-suit, pretty much anything that they can contribute to a fight I can only feel dread if it lasts longer than Animated. They just remind me of the 3 kids from Cybertron, where they're useful for just one thing but nothing more, and all they do is run away from trouble.

On the other hand, I love the rest of the cast. Arcee is sexy, Ratchet and Bulkhead are a nice throwback to a previous recent reboot, also the the voice acting, references of death and other dark aspects, and the graphics themselves give me a reason to enjoy it and hope it lasts at least 3 seasons.

I don't hate the show but, the kids are a bit much. I love the fact that the Bots put them in danger just by having them around. Now if done right I'd love to see a prequal style show to Gen 1. Something like the War Within comic.

As someone who watches paint dry professionally... most of you are being a bunch of whiny fanboys.* 3 seasons from now when they reboot it again you'll be all like, "Oh man this sucks why can it be like Prime? I'd much rather have had a fourth season of Prime than a shitty reboot!"

*(when is the TF fandom not? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER)

Actually, I can't wait for Prime to be canceled. Optimus is too disconnected, its like as soon as Megatron was taken out, there was no reason to have Optimus around. I mean didn't they say before the release that Transformers Prime is going to be about what is a Prime? So far they are flunking, and they are the ones who wanted to do it. LOL

There is way too much time being spent on the kids and fowler. This is suppose to be about Robots that Transform right? Not 3 Kids and their bots. Cancel this show, as for Ruined Forever? Nah Prime is easier to toss into the trash then Armada was

Archived