How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

I have watched every episode and while I agree with the whole No good stories and no new characters that stay comments. My main issue is the whole Movie Look. I Couldn't stand it in the Movies and I can't stand it here. At times I find myself closing my eyes and just listening to the dialogue. My second issue is that the show is too dark. The last 2 episodes were so dark that I couldn't see the Bots in them. Arachnid was a cool character but the whole half spider look was dumb. And why didn't they call her Black Arachnia. Over all in my opinion its a decent show but I only watch it if I have nothing else to watch. And on the Kid front my Kids would rather watch the renegades show then Prime. They think the whole Bumblebee not talking thing is stupid.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't agree more with people who are sick of reboots. I hope Prime stays for a while. It has been an enjoyable ride so far and it seems to be heading in a good direction. Apparently we'll be getting more Cliffjumper in flashbacks so backstory is inevitable. If they expand the cast, take some of the focus off the humans, and maybe give Bumblebee his voice back this show could be another classic.

Incidentally, I have a quick tangent here. I never understood the "Animated" part of the Transformers Animated title. Every TF show has been "Animated". Was it to differentiate from the '07 movie? Cause that's a little silly. Regardless, I really loved that show.

2. not enough characters in either faction ( i was realy hoping skyquake would survive) although we did gain 2 in duec ex machina

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Skyquake was introduced and killed in the same episode. Waste of a character. I'm hoping we'll see him again but it seems pretty unlikely.

rumor is he's coming back for the episode "shadowzone". :alert

so far, pirme has kept my interest. at first i didn't really take notice, but after seeing ratchet's grumpy persona, soundwave, and knockout the series began to grow on me.

my only complaint was wheeljack. where's my favorite mad scientist? :tfhuh

I couldn't agree more with people who are sick of reboots. I hope Prime stays for a while. It has been an enjoyable ride so far and it seems to be heading in a good direction. Apparently we'll be getting more Cliffjumper in flashbacks so backstory is inevitable. If they expand the cast, take some of the focus off the humans, and maybe give Bumblebee his voice back this show could be another classic.

Incidentally, I have a quick tangent here. I never understood the "Animated" part of the Transformers Animated title. Every TF show has been "Animated". Was it to differentiate from the '07 movie? Cause that's a little silly. Regardless, I really loved that show.

Well we will see how long Prime lasts, though quite honestly its not looking good on the figure side, with only 5 figures that have currently being announced. Now I am sure Hasbro will announce more. Plus Hasbro needs to make it their own line. So far the only thing it has going, is its been renewed for a second season. Now they could be stupid, and not announce anything like always or show a little intelligence and announce something at Botcon. But I'm betting they are going to show the same figures they showed at TyFair.

As fas as the Animated title though. Remember Animated's design looks like a 5 year old drew it, so its more cartoony then anything that has come before. Even though they tried to copy the Teen Titans Formula, thus Animated

And Wheeljack isn't a scientist this time around so far, but a Ninja ex wrecker who likes to fight

Not sure how the visual style has anything to do with the quality of the writing, which is why it was popular.

As for toys, we'll find out soon enough. DotM will be a juggernaut, so obviously we'll have to see that pass first. That and seeing as the movie look is already in Prime, I doubt that would deter kids from movie toys. But what do I know? I'm not a worldwide toy conglomerate, so I'm not about to pretend to know how Hasbro should operate.

Not sure how the visual style has anything to do with the quality of the writing, which is why it was popular.

As for toys, we'll find out soon enough. DotM will be a juggernaut, so obviously we'll have to see that pass first. That and seeing as the movie look is already in Prime, I doubt that would deter kids from movie toys. But what do I know? I'm not a worldwide toy conglomerate, so I'm not about to pretend to know how Hasbro should operate.

The visual style is what made it look animated, had nothing to do with the writing which I'm still trying to figure out why all you say it was good, when the vast majority in other places say it sucked along with the visual.

Speculation, is have the fun of it

Considering the large amounts of fans that loved it, I'd wonder what sources told you it sucked.

Considering the large amounts of fans that loved it, I'd wonder what sources told you it sucked.

Basically every place I've been to but here and the 2 episodes I tried to watch but had to change the channel out of disgust. My son and daughter wont even watch it and they are 2 and 4. Yet they will watch G1, Beast Wars and Prime

Considering all the fan boards that are full of TFA love, that would be pretty strange. Your kids may not like it, but I know kids that did.

Archived