How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

Animated wasn't bringing the kind of returns they wanted, so they tried to take Animated and combine it with the realism of the movies and fell flat on their faces even more. Sorry but I saw the Animated toys just sitting there on clearance shelves everywhere

I thought Animated was one of the highest rated TV shows for boys ages X-XX at the time? That show was excellent and I loved that the toys were able to retain accuracy from an engineering standpoint. All lines since TF1 for sure have ended up in a pile of clearance before long. Hasbro had a bomb and went nuts after TF1 when they didnt make enough for the holiday and ended up producing too much year round. What was left on the shelves isnt necessarily an accurate way to determine how much was sold.

We could do this dance for years Onslaught. But at the end of the day we both know that Soundwave was awesome. XD

Yeah Soundwave is awesome still waiting for Takara to repaint him into WFC Soundblaster :P

You sure were talking about the same Soundwave? Too late! You and I both know that Animated Soundwave is awesome! Its written in stone now.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Animated wasn't bringing the kind of returns they wanted, so they tried to take Animated and combine it with the realism of the movies and fell flat on their faces even more. Sorry but I saw the Animated toys just sitting there on clearance shelves everywhere

I thought Animated was one of the highest rated TV shows for boys ages X-XX at the time? That show was excellent and I loved that the toys were able to retain accuracy from an engineering standpoint. All lines since TF1 for sure have ended up in a pile of clearance before long. Hasbro had a bomb and went nuts after TF1 when they didnt make enough for the holiday and ended up producing too much year round. What was left on the shelves isnt necessarily an accurate way to determine how much was sold.

We could do this dance for years Onslaught. But at the end of the day we both know that Soundwave was awesome. XD

Yeah Soundwave is awesome still waiting for Takara to repaint him into WFC Soundblaster :P

You sure were talking about the same Soundwave? Too late! You and I both know that Animated Soundwave is awesome! Its written in stone now.

Who said Animated? I'm talking about WFC Soundwave :P

Next time you really should make it known which Soundwave your talking about. But speaking about Animated Soundwave, don't see what what is cool about it. It honestly looks like 4 year old drew it and Nintendo animated it. The thing looks worse then Armada Thrust. Just looking at it, makes me want to use it for target practice at the range, he could definitely fill in for all the hot shots I've shot at

Nintendo animated it.

And this is a bad thing?

The thing looks worse then Armada Thrust. Just looking at it, makes me want to use it for target practice at the range, he could definitely fill in for all the hot shots I've shot at

We must have been looking at two different toys.

Nintendo animated it.

And this is a bad thing?

When most of the characters showed more human traits in their design instead of robot it? Yes it is a bad thing

The thing looks worse then Armada Thrust. Just looking at it, makes me want to use it for target practice at the range, he could definitely fill in for all the hot shots I've shot at

I'm looking at this Soundwave And he already has a Target painted on him :tfevil

Nintendo animated it.

And this is a bad thing?

When most of the characters showed more human traits in their design instead of robot it? Yes it is a bad thing

Considering human traits are in most cartoon robot designs, I'm surprised this is an issue.

I'm looking at this Soundwave And he already has a Target painted on him :tfevil

Wow, you must have had some rare awesome version of the Armada Thrust mold then, because TFA Soundwave was a much better toy than it.

Wow, you must have had some rare awesome version of the Armada Thrust mold then, because TFA Soundwave was a much better toy than it.

It is better, because it looks like a robot, while TFA Soundwave looks like a guy in a suit with a helicopter helmet :tfpuke

It is better, because it looks like a robot, while TFA Soundwave looks like a guy in a suit with a helicopter helmet :tfpuke

We're just gonna have to disagree there, cuz man TFA Soundwave is such a fun toy.

Of course I also got the Armada Thrust mold 3 times, so obviously I didn't hate him.

LMAO! Holy crap it does! Granted practically every robot from Animated had that "human in a suit" look. I didn't hate it but I can see why you dont. Soundwave is a fun toy and most of my affection for it stems from his character on the show. I loved him having ambition and mind-control powers. Just wish he would've hooked up with the Cons rather then just meet Megatron for 10 seconds.

LMAO! Holy crap it does! Granted practically every robot from Animated had that "human in a suit" look. I didn't hate it but I can see why you dont. Soundwave is a fun toy and most of my affection for it stems from his character on the show. I loved him having ambition and mind-control powers. Just wish he would've hooked up with the Cons rather then just meet Megatron for 10 seconds.

Didn't care for Animated as you all know, the show looks like a really bad try to get the same fan base that Teen Titans had.

Archived