How long do you want TF: Prime to last?

Megatronus

Man I was upset that they put G.I. Joe on Hiatus instead of Prime. Prime is so bad that I was watching G.I. Joe Renegades before I would watch Prime. And Renegades isn't that good either. I don't know if its the Movie look or the stupid BB doesn't talk thing but I cannot for the life of me like this show. And I have given it a chance as I have watched all the episodes that have come out. Its just bad and I wish it was over already. I really wish they would bring animated back.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THe show does absolutely nothing for me. If they came even close to something like Clone Wars in animation and writing then i'd care about it.

As it stands the show is a complete flop in my opinion and SOOOO BORING!!! and not too mention poorly written and animated.

It's cool that the show exists i suppose but WTF, why does it have to suck so bad?

I think Hasbro these days relies mostly on the toys themselves to generate the revenue and don't really put thought into the fiction of TF's.

:agree

Not to mention they show the same episode all week long anyway

I agree, the frequency that they show each episode is ridiculous. For example, its 10:44 pm where I live right now. At 11 pm, the episode "Con Job" is on. Literally 30 minutes after it ends it's on again. That's ridiculous.

I want Prime to last as long as possible. I'm serious. I'm personally enjoying Prime but I can see that there's room for improvement too. The reason why I want it to last is because I'm really sick and tired of continuity reboots!! Although Transformers has always had multiple continuities from the beginning, we never really had a fully continuity reboot until Armada. That means that for 18 years (1984-2002) we enjoyed reboot free continuity. Generation 1, Generation 2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines... all were part of a single "continuity family." Armada came along and killed this by rebooting continuity and creating a whole new continuity family for Transformers. And since then we've had reboot after reboot. Enough damnit!!

Just because a story may have problems doesn't necessarily mean we should disgard it. Writers can try to make it better. Take Animated for example. Except for Megatron Rising, the majority of Season 1 sucked IMO. Just way too childish with a lack of character development (the Animated TFs were treated more as caricatures rather than characters). Season 2 saw improvement, though somewhat sporadic - it had some great eps, it had some crap eps (Society of Ultimate Villainy anyone?). Season 3 on the other hand was when Animated got really good and is my favourite season of Animated. It had continual story arcs, character development, drama, as well as lots of fun and action for the kiddies. Then Hasbro went and canned it just as it was getting good... gee, that sure felt familiar (*cough*Generation 2*cough* *cough*Beast Wars*cough*) --- aaaand of course, Animated Season 3 is the only Season of Animated which was never released on DVD. <swear.words>

jaam_shoulders.gif

So rather than just giving up the ship, I'd like to see them try to salvage it and turn it into something good.

I want Prime to last as long as possible. I'm serious. I'm personally enjoying Prime but I can see that there's room for improvement too. The reason why I want it to last is because I'm really sick and tired of continuity reboots!! Although Transformers has always had multiple continuities from the beginning, we never really had a fully continuity reboot until Armada. That means that for 18 years (1984-2002) we enjoyed reboot free continuity. Generation 1, Generation 2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines... all were part of a single "continuity family." Armada came along and killed this by rebooting continuity and creating a whole new continuity family for Transformers. And since then we've had reboot after reboot. Enough damnit!!

Just because a story may have problems doesn't necessarily mean we should disgard it. Writers can try to make it better. Take Animated for example. Except for Megatron Rising, the majority of Season 1 sucked IMO. Just way too childish with a lack of character development (the Animated TFs were treated more as caricatures rather than characters). Season 2 saw improvement, though somewhat sporadic - it had some great eps, it had some crap eps (Society of Ultimate Villainy anyone?). Season 3 on the other hand was when Animated got really good and is my favourite season of Animated. It had continual story arcs, character development, drama, as well as lots of fun and action for the kiddies. Then Hasbro went and canned it just as it was getting good... gee, that sure felt familiar (*cough*Generation 2*cough* *cough*Beast Wars*cough*) --- aaaand of course, Animated Season 3 is the only Season of Animated which was never released on DVD. <swear.words>

jaam_shoulders.gif

So rather than just giving up the ship, I'd like to see them try to salvage it and turn it into something good.

Wasn't RID the reboot before Armada? RID was from 2000, and Armada from about 02/03 if I'm correct

Its ok at it's best. The best episode so far has been Scrap Heap and Darkness Rising part 4.

The one thing that really stands out to me thus far is Soundwave. More and more I'm liking the tall, dark, mysterious version. His ability to just creepily appear behind Starscream that also seems to unnerve Starscream himself is amusing. I hope he'll get to talk on his own accord though, even if it is rare.

Is it off yet?

Ok, how 'bout now?

What? What'd I say?

Is it off yet?

Ok, how 'bout now?

What? What'd I say?

You may have gotten your wish. I haven't seent a new episode since #10 Deus ex Machina

No theres a new epsisode next week or the week after that. Then continuing.

I like Prime and Megatron. Soundwaves cool. Starscream .mmmmmmmm not so sure. Bees cool and so is bulkhead. Oh & im a fan of miko. anyways when the heck they will just realize generation one rebooted IS the Transformers lore & stick with that (like George Lucas does with Starwars) is beyond me. Someday they will.

I'm enjoying the show. It's not perfect or anything, but it's growing on me. Think I'm looking forward to Rescue Bots a bit more than Prime at the moment. But to echo Goktimus's statements, I'm tired of reboots as well. That's all the past decade was and I'd like to see something stick, which seems to be the MO for modern continuity.

I'm shocked by all the hate in this thread! I really assumed consensus on Prime would be "Best series since Beast Wars."

Seriously, this show seems designed to appeal to adult fans; it's easily the most mature series they've ever attempted. The voice acting is great, the scripting is solid. There's even some cool nods to Transformers lore (Scraplets!). I'm not sure what more you guys want.

With Animated, I felt weirdly embarrassed to be watching most of the time. Not Prime. I'm seriously stunned by how good it is. Even my girlfriend is actively interested in it.

Yeah, it has its problems. The stakes haven't been clearly defined, the world seems thin, and the overall story has lost momentum since the mini. But these are solvable things. Beast Wars suffered from many of the same problems in season one.

So to answer your question: I want it to go on for a good long time. Let's break the record with four seasons!

Archived