sun bleaching

Lostprophet8

It is a great, sunny day here in the Smokey Mountains. I have my Scorponok on a book shelf infront of the window. The effect is great wiht all of his "clear" energon weapons and parts. And the Road Asualt team is a good combo since their greens are pretty much the same. However, I got to wondering, how long will it take for my toys to get bleached while leaving them in the window? :tfhuh The reflections of light add power to the toy, but I really don't want to damage them. :tfsad

p.s. Landmine is another good one for this. When he is in the right light, his eyes light up. Wicked Cool!! :thumb

I can definitely confirm the sun is NOT your friend when it comes to TF! Both the boxes and the toys themselves can and will get damaged. Remember most TF are made of plastic, which does not hold up well if cooked in the sun. I remember one time I had a TF in the sun and it changed color by the end of the day. Joy. Keep them in a cool and dry place, especially if you are displaying them use a case. If you want light on the eyes, backlit the figures. I recommend visiting hobby shops and see how they design/display indoors. Afterall you want these TF to last for awhile and not get damaged, if so take precautions.

I agree with fortress maximus, i myself have them all shelved away in cases with lights lighting the way eheheh

and i have hundreds of tfs.... just need to find more space somhow... but i highly recomend the cases with lights the sun will kill your tfs

Dude no light show is worth killing your figures.....move them now.

Your comment is quite amusing! :tflaugh "no light show..." :tflaugh1

Seriously though Lostprophet8, after moving the TF indoors see if you notice other possiblities on how to preserve and safely design displays. It is quite challenging to create indoor displays, either in cases or building sets which you can make like centerpieces in your "toy room" if you have one. Good luck! :thumb

Archived