Transformers MasterPiece MP-01L Convoy Image Gallery and Video

BaCon

Many thanks to the higekumatoytoy blog that has posted another review of the latest Takara Tomy Transformers action figures. The latest post provides coverage of the new and hopefully last MasterPiece MP-01L Convoy action figure. This is the culmination reissue of all the MP Convoy's from previous releases complete with all the accessories and talking base. There's not much new here, but it is a great figure to get if you don't have one. Read the Full News Story Here

And Bumblebee is next for the MP treatment, I might get MP-01L if anything it will be the last MP Convoy for maybe a year this time LOL

I have every Takara release to date. I was a completist in this line until this figure. I'm absolutely done with it. I absolutely refuse to buy this piece - a pure duplicate. It's a great mold, but the constant repaints that MP has gone to, is ruining my desire to be a completist any longer. It's not like the previous molds are not available still for someone that doesn't have it. So IMHO, they are ruining future earnings for 'minor' repaints of future molds. Bad decision, imho.

I also agree that it looks like Bumblebee might be the next MP treatment figure.

I would have expected a Galvatron and Shockwave before this. But i'm sure they want to capitalize on the popularity of the name/figure bumblebee right now. Their release won't be in time to ride the wave of the movie release tho. More lost revenue.

I guess they could make it up by releasing.. ANOTHER prime mold. A clear or gold one perhaps. :roll

Not bad, but yeah, if you've got one of the others, it's hard to justify the price tag on another. The part that does surprise me is the Bumblebee. I'm just curious how they'd pull of a true Masterpiece Bumblebee because of the whole VW trademark issue we all know and love. Wouldn't their only option be to pull off something "close" like Classics BB? Unless of course they have something huge in store, pulled off a miracle, and got VW to change their minds .... :schin

Not bad, but yeah, if you've got one of the others, it's hard to justify the price tag on another. The part that does surprise me is the Bumblebee. I'm just curious how they'd pull of a true Masterpiece Bumblebee because of the whole VW trademark issue we all know and love. Wouldn't their only option be to pull off something "close" like Classics BB? Unless of course they have something huge in store, pulled off a miracle, and got VW to change their minds .... :schin

...Like VW execs seeing GM sales being shored up by whoring their cars out to a multi-billion dollar pop-culture juggernaut and realising they could have been in on the ground floor way back when Takara came to them with Binaltech?

i don't own any of the MP OP releases. Does it merit this many releases though? A bit redundant is it not for this version to come out?

Can there be that much excitement generated over this release?

There was merit, but then Takara went crazy with the OP mold and now it is redundant. Only new thing here is the base

MP-01 Convoy

MP-02 Ultra Magnus

MP-04 Convoy with Trailer

Then came

MP-01B - Black Convoy (Black Version has become a tradition)

MP-01S- Convoy Sleep Mode (most expensive one)

MP-01L - Convoy Last Production

Then there was also the Lucky Draw MP-01

MP-01LD Gold Convoy

...Like VW execs seeing GM sales being shored up by whoring their cars out to a multi-billion dollar pop-culture juggernaut and realising they could have been in on the ground floor way back when Takara came to them with Binaltech?

lol exactly

Archived