Optimus vs Rodimus vs ... ?

Bubbah

I agree about BB being the next in line, he was always the one that was willing to throw himself on a grenade to save someone else, and I think actually did in one episode to save spike or carley or some other human.

Other then BB I would say that, and I am going out on a limb here, Kup would make a good leader. A little set in his ways, but with enough experience to take on the decepticons. I say this thinking of the Movie Kup and not the IDW version.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, hadn't thoguht about Springer... that definitely makes for an interesting choice.

Ya know though, it's really kinda frustrating a little to see such potential in a character and have it all go to waste. I mean Rodimus easily could've been a great character and instead was just tossed aside. If they wanted/needed to bring Optimus back, why not have him comeback in an alternate role, something along the lines of what Sent. Prime is normally viewed as ... one of the wise elders, but aged past being able to really rule effectively in the field.

"Arise, Springimus Prime!!" Doesn't have much of a ring to it though :P

TBH, the name 'Rodimus Prime' always bothered me more than the actual character; I thought it was just a lame imitation of Optimus Prime. It doesn't even make sense, I mean 'optimus' is at least a real Latin word (like 'prime'), but rodimus is just half of Hot Rod shoved onto half of Optimus. :doh

I was and have always been a huge hot rod fan..... Rodimus not so much. Yeah Rodimus was kind of whinny and full of self-doubt, but as an adult I find that to be expected as part of the natural character progression. Optimus probably did much of the same in his early years questioning his place and if his leadership would bring about the downfall of autobots.

Op becomes a mythic figure, legendary and revered almost as a god as the bot who went out into the universe only to become lost (along with the decepticon leader) for over 4 million years. Shockwave was not nearly the badass that Megatron was so not as great a threat. Then out of the pages of history Megs is back along with the legendary Optimus Prime "risen from the sands of time" to continually stop him in his tracks. End the career of Optimus Prime with the near final act of his existance being to crush Megatron despite being mortally wounded. Also tack in there Rod probably has a lot of guilt over his actions although well intentioned most definately caused the untimely demise of Optimus. I would be surprised if the charater was bursting with self confidence not only to have to follow in the footsteps of a leader nearly revered as a god, but to know that you were most likely responsible for sending him to silicon heaven.

Given more time I think Rod would have developed into a great leader in his own right, which was starting to show toward the end of season 3. If the USA would have continued the G1 story into just one more season where maybe Op didn't come back or if he left for a time forgiving Rod or otherwise radifying his role as the autobot leader to provide better closure then I think Rod would have come out being awesome...not Optimus, but still awesome.

But honestly... Still give me Op in charge and Hot Rod at his side any day.

id say jazz is a good contender.

in G1 he was 2nd in command, he had fighting skill and intelligence but also a lighter fun loving side.

also recently watching season 3 of G1, rodimus was pretty lame, theres no way around it.

if grimlock kept his intelligence rather than giving it to computron, he wouldve been a perfect mix of intelligence, strength and fighting ability.

I was just thinking...Why does a "Prime" have to become the ultimate leader. In the scheme of things I was wondering, couldn't Ultra Magnus still have been given the mantle of leadership while Rodimus Prime, holder of the Matrix, become second in commans or maybe third under Kup? Rodimus still had so much to learn and I think it could have done a lot for the dynamic of the story.

They can definately be the leaders or teams, armies or planets, but the Prime is like the President. They get to make all the cool decisions. Well unless we get to mix in JP continuity with the Convoy Council... I preferred that anyways but whatever.

Wow No one has Stated the Obvious Next in Line The Awesomeness that Is HUFFER. Then Again it would be a bad choice Tf Property because the Decepticons would stop Mid-battle to Look at the Awesomeness that is HUFFER. Wouldn't make much for a story. Oh Well Huffer is Still Awesome on a Stick. That and he could Beat up Rodimus with his arms and Legs tied behind his back.

I was just thinking...Why does a "Prime" have to become the ultimate leader. In the scheme of things I was wondering, couldn't Ultra Magnus still have been given the mantle of leadership while Rodimus Prime, holder of the Matrix, become second in commans or maybe third under Kup? Rodimus still had so much to learn and I think it could have done a lot for the dynamic of the story.

It's kind of like letting the Prince run things even though the King is still alive. They're given the "Prime" name when they take command, it's kind of a joint deal. I like the outside the box thought process though lol

Wow No one has Stated the Obvious Next in Line The Awesomeness that Is HUFFER. Then Again it would be a bad choice Tf Property because the Decepticons would stop Mid-battle to Look at the Awesomeness that is HUFFER. Wouldn't make much for a story. Oh Well Huffer is Still Awesome on a Stick. That and he could Beat up Rodimus with his arms and Legs tied behind his back.

Seriously made me lol!

And as Huffimus Prime he would finally get his own trailer?! :tflaugh

Archived