Most overated tfs

middlebuzz

Almost anything from the '07 movie not from the Real Gear line, or any of the DLX figures not featured in the movie. I find it comical that Animated and Classics do not get worse with age, but I can barely even look at anything from the '07 movie. Hell, even the first couple waves of ROTF toys were kind of touch and go.

To be even more specific, '07 LC Brawl. There is almost nothing about this toy that I don't dislike. The easily lost secondary turrets, pudgy build, lame electronics, and comical levels of shellforming just make me hate Hate HATE this toy. '07 Scorponok barely transforms, and the '07 Starscream voyager has no arms and a compromised alt mode, and they are light years ahead of this lame LC offering.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, gotta agree .... '07 LC Brawl is a blast, I really like that figure. The BB figures are ok, but after about the 10th retool/repaint ... yeah he die now lol. '07 Movie Screamer bites. All the movie Megatrons so far are overrated. With the exception of RiD and Animated (go figure since I dislike most of that series), Ultra Magnus is usually disappointing. And nearly every bikeformer blows, the beauty that is RtS Wreck-Gar is excluded (and possibly the new Prime Arcee).

I really don't know how you can hate on Predaking, though.

He's supposed to be this super hunter type. Yet he looks so awkward, like he should be the most ungainly, clumsy & ineffective of the gestalts, rather than the most efficient fusion of the components up to that point. And I've never cared for the color scheme of Predaking. Is he supposed to be colored like a hunter's safety vest so the other Decepticons don't accidentally shoot him? :tflaugh ANd yet the Predacons get two reissues, while other combiners haven't gotten anything yet!

All the movie Megatrons so far are overrated.

I'm not sure that they're overrated because most people seem to dislike them already :)

lol ... good point, but every now and then some love for them creeps in from the depths, and love for those abominations should not be allowed haha.

Most people seemed to like like it, but I hate hate HATED WfC Optimus Prime. yeah, I could see what they were going for, but I felt his design was both too puffy and too bulky and just sort of weirdly ugly. And yeah I'll say it: his antennae were too long. He's not supposed to be Batman.

But I did like WfC Megatron, and now RtS optimus gives me an alternate to go against him, because I like him!

HA Bumblebee. I'm standing him next to HA Skids, Mudflap, Barricade and Jazz. There's not even a comparison.

all beast wars/machines and any other variation of beast in any series except the dinobots.

I agree except for one... exception.

Actually, IMO he belongs in this thread more than most beast TFs. I think his popularity comes mainly from his size. All his modes are pretty bad, and his transformations are very simplistic yet clumsy.

I got Optimal Optimus when I was 6. Even back then I knew he was craptastically simple for how big he was, but the size offsets it and I think he's actually pretty cool

Archived