No Powercore Love at Toyfair

Damnit Dog

If they do release the rest, I'm sure they will be an exclusive to whatever Giant Retailer is dumb enough to take them, so must be Walmart or TRU

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't people finding the dinobots and constructicon 5-packs at tale end of Christmas season? Also the ones on ebay are friggin' rediculous price wise. I have the remainder preordered on BBTS so hopefully they get them soon

I actually like the Powercore concept, though the final execution of some of the figures and drones was rather disappointing. I got the Dinobot and Destron sets, and also have Icepick and Heavytread.

I think the biggest detriment to the series is the rather random distribution of quality, not counting the complaints about lack of articulation and such. I'm still on the wall regarding the Constructicon set on account of those flimsy clips on Steamhammer. I don't want to buy a set just to get the drones, even on a sale price.

Another thing about the line is that there's been no complete fiction to tie the characters into existing continuity. The closest we got was the Cyber Missions episode that featured Smolder, which puts the Powercore Combiners in the movie-verse, but nothing else after that.

As for the lack of robot modes for the drones, the way I look at it is that the vehicles are not drones, but normal human vehicles. A Commander with Powercore ability actually augments himself with the vehicles to transform into his power-up mode. The vehicles are transformed into the limbs in a process similar to that done by the AllSpark, but does not give a sentient form to the vehicle limb, well, since the AllSpark is pretty much destroyed and all...

Sometimes it's more fun to come up with your own fiction, especially when you don't have anything else to go with.

we've been asking for a real combiner for years.. and we never get one.

i mean.. with this concept.. the combined modes should have been MUCH BETTER.

they should've had great articulation, they should have looked good and been proportionate, but they weren't. they didn't need to focus on robot modes for the components, so they should've focused on making the limbs the best they could be. but no.

power core is just further proof that in most cases gimmicks fail. it would've been better if you physically transformed each limb, they probably could've integrated articulation into them if that were the case. but again, no.

i wish someone would ask them in a Q&A on the forums, or at a convention why we never get proper combiners. i mean look how many fans loved them back then and are yearning for them now. i'm sure younger kids would appreciate them just as we did when we were younger.

nothing beats a true combiner.

I'm betting PCC has been canceled

That's why I just bought a ton of unreleased ones on bbts. :P

Is it worth it for me to find a Huffer?

All in all the only only other set I'd want to have is the Dinobot set. I think if they started with this one in the first place, the line might have been a bit stronger...maybe?

Get his black repaint, it's a lot better looking.

• 1 month later...

I agree the PCC line had a lot of problems, but I'm going to miss it. I only got the select few I really wanted. Leadfoot, The Dinobots, 2 Jet drones, 1 Tank drone, foot heli drone, and the jet drone with the dish. Sold everything else cheap on ebay. After waiting four months to see him at retail, I finally ordered Heavytread online. I really wanted another Dinobot commander to go with the Dinobots. Oh well, at least I got the best ones out of the line.

Archived