No Powercore Love at Toyfair

Damnit Dog

So Toyfair 2011 was over the weekend and with all the new lines out there was an existing one that was completely overlooked. New lines, new toys, and new molds of existing characters but no Powercore Combiners. So does this mean that the slow moving line of transforming robots and drones have come to an end, will the Dinobots and Constructicons be the last five packs and heavytread and skyhammer the last of the commanders. With the lack of even a display at Toyfair might mean that it is coming to an end. This would be in line with the major stores discounting them up to half off across the board. It seems like this line was destined just to be filler and I know that I speak for some when I say that I wont miss it when its gone.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PCCs sadly didnt live up to the potential I was hoping for anyway. The combiners themselves couldn't bend their elbows even. In this day and age, full articulation is a must. But Hasbro fell short of it.

I'm sure the PCC was a sales disappointment for the retailers and Hasbro. It sure was a disappointment to the majority of fans :tflaugh

BTW, moving to toy discussion

PCCs might continue as a store-exclusive, as those are not displayed at ToyFair.

It might also be possible Hasbro is reserving to reveal other products at SDCC or Botcon, given that Hasbro's big thing(s) for the year is DOTM, and Prime.

Wasn't there also more PCC figs listed in Wal-Mart computers, beyond Undertow and Wreckage?

There might have been, but there are four new torso bots coming out so that is ATLEAST 4 repaints, plus whatever the Rallybots Torso gets repainted as too.

I dont doubt that the toyline will continue on, I just dont think that past what we have seen there will be any new molds.

Yeah with every store I go to I see nothing but the same ole same ole, nothing new and nothing moving even at the lower prices.

This line is dead in the water and may not even get a release of the later molds from what I am seeing, or limited release. Maybe the stuff in Walmarts computers are all exclusives to them.

Anyway no tears lost over this.

Archived