TF Prime Op, Megatron, and kids gift set

robo_rob

I seriously doubt High Moon knows the difference in G1 or Prime, or even Cybertron and G1. They just made a Transformers game and used the old cartoon for reference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, there still in the same continuity. There was something not long ago, where Hasbro had said they didn't expect everything for the continuity to fit seamless. I'll try to find that.

Really? I was really hoping they were going to give up on that; none of the characters even seem like the same people, in fact it's almost as bad as TakaraTomy trying to pretend that Animated is somehow an offshoot from the movies. :/

Here's what I was talking about.

1. Hasbro has stated that the "War for Cybertron" game, the "Exodus" novel, and the "Transformers: Prime" cartoon are all meant to take place in the same universe. Yet, while similar in a general sense, all three contradict each other on both minor and major story points. For example, an overabundance of Dark Energon is what made planet Cybertron uninhabitable in WfC and Exodus, yet "Darkness Rising" had Megatron firing a bunch of Dark Energon at Cybertron to create his zombie army (when, in theory, the planet should have been full of the stuff already). What are your feelings on these contradictions and your show's connection to Exodus and War for Cybertron? Do you consider all three the same exact universe, or are they more akin to alternate versions of the same story? (And how about that Dark Energon situation, anyway?)

The reasons for the confusion will be revealed in the stories that will be told over the next few years across all content formats, Dark Energon's mystery is part of the plan and not an oversight. Dark Energon is a newly introduced substance and will be a major factor in the coming conflict it should not be clear to fans as to what is going on as the final card hasn't been played. Continuity does not always mean a 100% connection rather a plan to avoid out right contradiction but we absolutly see most Hasbro Transformers projects connected to this modern continuity in the coming decade. -- Aaron Archer; VP IP Development, Hasbro

I seriously doubt High Moon knows the difference in G1 or Prime, or even Cybertron and G1. They just made a Transformers game and used the old cartoon for reference.

I dunno, I kind of got the impression that at least SOME of the top dogs at High Noon were fans that know what they're talking about, but hey! I don't really pay attention to all that pre-game buildup, so I might have just gotten the wrong impression. :shrug

Ultimately though, I guess we're just going to have to wait and see if these connections come together. Personally? I think it's stupid and could easily turn into a forced exercise; potentially writing some otherwise good material into a corner as it tries to duct-tape together divergent character and plot themes.

But then here I am being the arm-chair critic; I may be ludicrously off base.

However, after reading Aaron Archer's little litany, I almost wonder if HE'S the one who doesn't know the difference between Prime and G1. :P

I dunno, I kind of got the impression that at least SOME of the top dogs at High Noon were fans that know what they're talking about, but hey! I don't really pay attention to all that pre-game buildup, so I might have just gotten the wrong impression. :shrug

Ultimately though, I guess we're just going to have to wait and see if these connections come together. Personally? I think it's stupid and could easily turn into a forced exercise; potentially writing some otherwise good material into a corner as it tries to duct-tape together divergent character and plot themes.

But then here I am being the arm-chair critic; I may be ludicrously off base.

However, after reading Aaron Archer's little litany, I almost wonder if HE'S the one who doesn't know the difference between Prime and G1. :P

1 word. Protecticons. Another, 'Primus, who as far as I know has never transformed' *Primus toy in robot mode sitting behind him*

I know what your saying man, but the thing is, Dark Energon. WFC revolves around it, that's the big bad mcguffin of modern continuity. Not to mention, if they were making it a G1 prequel and trying to tie it in, War Dawn wouldn't have been negated. It's just one of those, WFC is meant to appeal more to a different set of tastes than Prime. Modern Continuity is about general stuff, not exact. So we don't have another Quintessons vs Primus creation thing.

Archived