Will we see a "Generations" Galvatron?

PuertoRiCON

There are too many things that we havent gotten yet to be worrying about another Galvatron. Before Hasbro starts re-rebooting characters we need to see other notable characters get the CHUUD treatment first like Blitzwing, Insecticons, Terrorcons, Technobots, Predacons, Horrorcons, Cyberjets, Stunticons, Predators, Wreckers and countless others (naturally we wont see them all, just saying theres loads of dudes for Hasbro to pull from).

Id be real interested in seeing Horrorcons, Monsterbots and a new Hooligan. And Blitzwing. And Wreckers. Ok Im done now. And Beast Era guys too.

Agreed, sadly. And I say sadly only because I still want a better Galvatron but I know you're right, Breaker.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually like to see a heavy retool of Energon megs into a galvatron, that Tf's into a cannon. Take jins custom for example, using E. Megs. That was a great figure

I completely forgot about that mold. I honestly wished I never passed up on this guy way back when. I remember seeing the Galvatron repaint in stores and passed it up. I actually would be happy if the repackaged this guy for the generation line, but a retool would be cool.

Ach! Me too!! I had to bring Megs back to the stores only because of broken parts and now in retrospect, I do wish I kept him and started bring out paints! That Galvatron would have made a great figure to go along with the classics characters and, wasn't he Ultra sized? A good counter bot for my Ultra Magnus.

Beast Wars can wait, I'd rather see some new molds of the G1 Japanese guys

:agree Yes. Beast era is best left alone bc I for sure won't purchase. They are the reason I collected no TFs in the 90's. New Galvs is a must. Reworked wfc Megs would do the trick. A brand new Voyager Galvatron would be ideal. Trailbreaker/Hoist ,Shockwave and Blitzwing are essential and a proper release of Skywarp for Christ's sake already damn it.

OK, since we've seen a ton of RTS/Generations figures which have been representing the 1986 movie characters, does anyone think Hasbro will surprise us with a proper Galvatron figure? As most would agree, the Universe 2.0 Galvatron figure was very underwhelming and suffered from not being a voyager sized figure. With the release of Battle in Space 2-pack Rodimus and Cyclonus, Scourge, Kup, Wreck-Gar, Blurr etc...Does anyone else think Hasbro might surprise us down the line, perhaps later on in the year? With all the different Megatron figures released in the line (2 figures in Classics, one in Generations) I'm hoping his reformatted self will get another chance to shine, hopefully in a better mold. Anyone else agree?

I doubt it, they released Galvatron, they are done with him. He doesn't have the same iconic stature that gives us a new Prime every 6 months

Well, I think it's too much to say they are DONE with him. Purely from the standpoint of protecting the name trademark, we will see another "Galvatron" figure down the line, and I think within the next two years at most.

That said, there's no guarantee of WHAT that figure will be. Could just be a robot hero, could be a Galvatron of some other continuity, (prime? movie? something we have yet too see?) Or heck, just falling back on the Unicron Trilogy pattern of releasing Megatron redecos as Galvatron. But hey, a new mold for the classics line wouldn't be totally out of the question.

Also, I agree with someone upthread. WFC Megatron retooled, with a new head, new cannon and new deco, would make for a nice Galvatron. Just something to mull.

No.

Simple, there already was one in Universe, we all know he's not very good but that's all I'd expect at the moment unless they bring out a voyager Rodimus Prime at some point.

It also looks like Hasbro's decided that from now on all their Generations/Classics/Etc. toys will be Deluxes, with the odd scout or legend tossed in, for whatever reason.

(Maybe their last round of Universe 2.0 Voyagers didn't sell that well? To which I would say, if they'd made Galvatron a Voyager and Powerglide a Deluxe or Legends... well I'm guessing those toys would have sold a lot better! This really shouldn't still bother me. But it does.)

But as another poster said, I suspect (hope? pray?) that Galvatron will be the next Masterpiece release.

• 1 month later...

i would actually prefer a 3rd party option on this, Hasbro usually needs to include whatever gimmicks that are present in their current toyline in any of their releases and despite the 3mm clip and rubsigns is the least intrusive gimmick in recent years, i would rather fansproject or someone else make something more like an adult collectible that doesnt have to withstand drop tests and the like, as those always impede aesthetics to some degree.

that said, i wouldnt pass on a decent hasbro version.

Listen, Rockefeller, some of us would be happier to see Hasbro make something a little more cost effective and Galvatron at Voyager scale, although BRILLIANT!! from Fansproject (MOST BRILLIANT 3RD PARTY COMPANY EEEVAH!!) would set someone back quite a bit just to have a fully functional and quite cook Galvatron and frankly I'd rather see what they'd do with Sphinxtron more than anything.

Hasbro, Make it happen!! :thumb

hey man, Im not rich, i just like what i like. if i gotta skip an entire line to pick up what i really want for a 3rd party release, like i did for Hunt for the Decepticons and Fansprojects Crossfire then so be it. im just sayin, id like a good cheap one from hasbro, but i dont think its gonna happen. I prefer to brace myself for the more expensive option.

oh also, everything that Breaker said is completely badass and spot on, there are alot of directions to go to for G1 characters. (i <3 Hooligan too)

Wanna know something? Now that I've got Scourge I am almost thinking that FansProject should green light a voyager styled Galvatron. Sigh. ^_^

The mistake they made with Galvatron was changing his altmode and basic design. A Deluxe or Voyager with an identical or similar transformation scheme to the original toy would work so much better.

But before we get a re-updated Galvatron, I want to see GENERATION ONE ARCEE! Everybody else can go to hell until we get her. ESPECIALLY Japanese G1 characters.

The mistake they made with Galvatron was changing his altmode and basic design. A Deluxe or Voyager with an identical or similar transformation scheme to the original toy would work so much better.

But before we get a re-updated Galvatron, I want to see GENERATION ONE ARCEE! Everybody else can go to hell until we get her. ESPECIALLY Japanese G1 characters.

Your beating a dead horse there, we have been demanding her since 1986, and still have not gotten her. It's like Hasbro is fearful of a G1 Arcee

Archived