DOTM Group toy pic

Wonkimus Major

For movie continuity's sake (yeah, I know, don't laugh, just play along), they've done pretty fine with mounted weapons within their transformation thus far...there's really no need for giant oversized handheld ones, but certainly not grossly disproportioned ones mounted on top of nearly every alt mode. I find it hard to imagine the movie would go with this scheme, or would it? Who knows...this is Bay we're talking about. But aside from that, I'm not all anti-gimmick...some are incorporated and can work fine (e.g., 2007 'Automorph Technology', 2009 'Mech Alive'). This time around, they're just taking a couple of words from the previous two movies' gimmicks, stickin'em together to create the term 'MechTech', and applying that to giant guns (added firepower/odd application). Effortless.

Not to go overboard with the criticism, which some might say I already have, I do REALLY hope this final installment is better than the colossal failure the ROTF movie was (lots of new characters for naught, poor plot/dialogue/editing, etc.). And unlike some I'm intrigued with Meg's new transformation, Shockwave's role, how this is gonna pick up (or not) from ROTF, how other new characters come into the picture, of course the overall objective/plot, etc....but this deviates from the topic of 'the gimmick', so I'll leave it at that.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived