MP-01L Final Convoy

Giant Robot

So, I passed up on Rodimus. HLJ forgot to file my pre-order, plus the appaling reviews and relatively small size of the figure totally killed my interest, especially at the price point.

I did, however, preorder the Final Convoy. My MP Optimus is the inferior American version, it's the only non-Japanese MP in my otherwise complete collection. Apart from the Malibu Stacy new hat electronic base, does anyone have any idea what to expect from this figure? I'm quietly optimistic. It's between this and Grimlock for the best Masterpiece, I'm hoping Takara Tomy are going to send the mold out with a bang rather than a wimper. Also, diecast. Lots of it :D

Your talking about this, right? http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11212&mode=retail

If yes, then you should get it. Even though I never owed a version of the figure, this looks to be the best of them yet. :thumb Who knows, maybe I might get one myself. :D

Even though its not pictured with a trailer, I really hope they include it... It's not really FINAL unless it comes with EVERYTHING, right?

You are right, but at that price there is now way it will have a trailer. Even the trailer version was missing roller though. But the third party add on worked fine.

Your talking about this, right? http://www.bigbadtoy...212&mode=retail

If yes, then you should get it. Even though I never owed a version of the figure, this looks to be the best of them yet. :thumb Who knows, maybe I might get one myself. :D

That image is really annoying - those are the same images used to promote the original MP-01. The only new thing there is the base :(

I really want to know what these little changes they're allegedly making to the mold are. Also, if you've never owned an MP Optimus/Convoy, TFboy - I recommend it. Ok, so mine's the crappy Hasbro one - but it's still probably the best Masterpiece, even after all these years. It's huge, it contains vast amounts of diecast, the accessories and gimmicks are great and the transformation is very satisfying. The sculpt quality is amazing. The white Ultra Magnus shows the detail off much better, though. If you want a figure to stare at lovingly, that's the one to get, despite the lack of armour.

Other than coloring... how is this Prime Mold going to be any different than the others?? Seriously! It's a reissue, with diff color and other accessories.

I think you are right. I dont remember even hearing the colors are different on this one. But all it is is a reissue.

The only MP Prime version I passed on was the walmart DVD version. I passed mainly because the voice on that base was not the real prime. Isnt this the same base that is coming out with MP01L? I hope not. Hope its voice not in Japanese either - that would be funny, and disappointing.

Other than coloring... how is this Prime Mold going to be any different than the others?? Seriously! It's a reissue, with diff color and other accessories.

I think you are right. I dont remember even hearing the colors are different on this one. But all it is is a reissue.

The only MP Prime version I passed on was the walmart DVD version. I passed mainly because the voice on that base was not the real prime. Isnt this the same base that is coming out with MP01L? I hope not. Hope its voice not in Japanese either - that would be funny, and disappointing.

According to Takara Tomy, the mold has been revised for this final release. No word on how or to what extent. The dialogue IS in Japanese, but it's apparently high-quality recordings - all new - by the original Japanese voice actor for Convoy. For those of us who 話す the 日本語, the base will reveal the next Masterpiece

that wil not have any diecast, have faulty parts out the box and still cost over $200.

Joy.

Archived