Masterpiece MP-9 Rodimus Convoy Box Images

BaCon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont mean to spoil it for you guys but this masterpiece is really poor in quality, it is no wear near the sturdiness and substance of the original masterpiece optimus prime and even skywarp... you'll know when you get it..

there seems to be too many issues with this .. the plastic is soft and thin, the boots drag on the floor when in vehicle mode, tabs that are supposed to connect to hold the back pack in place, don't.. and for that matter, it doesnt roll very well either..

i dont know what went wrong in the production but this is unlike anything i've seen coming from Takara.. the plastic is shit, it's no where near Fansproject quality or even regular TF plastic.. i've tried as much as i could trying to get the pegs properly connected but

the engineering is utter shit.. i do believe however that the design and blueprint for this is really good, but it is abhorring to see this before my eyes... It does not even worth a $100 and we are being cheated before our very eyes...

I don't know, one man's piece of crap is another man's good toy.

This is true, but - at the cost of these, we should expect more. It seems Takara is about ready to see the Masterpiece line die as well. The quantity of re-molds has been astonishing, and now this??

I have to admit, i'm very tempted to reduce my order (since it hasn't shipped) from 2 to 1. I'm definately getting it tho.

This HAS to evolve eventually, as seeing that this is a very big improvement/ jump to an accurate Rodimus compared to previous incarnations which were crap, and too much focus on rubbish bots like bumblebee and hotshot and "sideburn" for the laugh... This provides a basis for more tweaking to come. Just what is Takara doing i have absolutely no idea.. If u take a look at the instruction manual, even Fansproject has much more effort put into theirs.. This MP's instruction manual is merely a few pieces of A4 stapled together with no pre-production sketches (like we saw in MP Convoy) and no dialoge buildup, and poses etc.. For such a huge box, i would've expected a mini hover board to go along with the "dare" theme - ah what the hell , we'll never get that level of customer satisfaction from now on

This is true, but - at the cost of these, we should expect more. It seems Takara is about ready to see the Masterpiece line die as well. The quantity of re-molds has been astonishing, and now this??

how in the world are they ready to see the masterpiece line die? the last new mold they released was masterpiece grimlock, that was an incredible figure, and i think a lot of people rate that one of the best masterpiece figure, with only prime being in front. how are repaints and remolds going to kill the entire line, an entire line that only produces a new mold every 1-2 years.. a lot of people bought the ghost of starscream figure, same with all three seekers. nemesis prime and sleep convoy were both very cool looking figures.. and how will this one figure alone kill this line?

every masterpiece figure has had its problems. with prime, the fog light paint was pretty sloppy for how much the figure cost, i really have to shake and jiggle one of his legs to get it to slide up. his fingers are too loose to really hold on to his weapon.

with megatron, the handle of the gun doesn't like to stay together, the long rectangular pieces under the barrel don't quite snap into anything, the forearm pieces don't like to stay into his chest piece in gun mode, and the little grey piece on his legs in robot mode doesn't really stay pegged all that well to the side of his legs, and besides his feet turning yellow, they also don't like to stay in their place correctly.

with the starscream mold, the top rectangular piece on the top of his jet more doesn't like to push all the way down, the points that stick forward off of their tail fins are very brittle, his torso doesn't lock into place, and there's always a lot of plastic wining when transforming them, skywarp in particular.

with grimlock, the robot chest doesn't really lock into place at all in dino mode, the plastic used for the tip of his tail seems a bit cheap, there are large scoring marks on the chrome under his tail, the neck gimmick thing in dino mode is ridiculously annoying, and changing his robot heads visor colors leaves marks on the corners, and the paint was already chipped from the lever that you use to change the colors.

now.. plastic quality for hot rod, i'll just have to see for myself. his boots "dragging on the floor" doesn't really bother me much, being that i won't be "vrrooom vrroom"ing him around and having him pretend to race prime or whatever. lol. and i'll have to see for myself about his back pack, as long as it stays intact and the spoiler on the top, it can just sit there for all i care.

i can't wait to get this thing and give it a little inspection of my own. i still feel that I'm going to love it. and if it is as bad as people say.. then it'll just give me a reason to pick up the hasbro version.

how in the world are they ready to see the masterpiece line die? the last new mold they released was masterpiece grimlock, that was an incredible figure, and i think a lot of people rate that one of the best masterpiece figure, with only prime being in front. how are repaints and remolds going to kill the entire line, an entire line that only produces a new mold every 1-2 years.. a lot of people bought the ghost of starscream figure, same with all three seekers. nemesis prime and sleep convoy were both very cool looking figures.. and how will this one figure alone kill this line?

I have been an absolute completist in this line until recently. I'm not talking about just little things that are not perfect about each figure. Who do they make more money from - the people that pickup a figure of only interest - or completists and collectors when it comes to ths line??? Because the audience is clearly not the mass audience at these prices and given the focus for them is generally the bay/movie line. I'm saying they are killing it with the quantity of remolds. Previously it was just Prime as prime and ultra mag. Sure you can throw in MP04 - but they added the trailer in there. But in a VERY short period of time, we got black prime, black prime with trailor, and sleeping prime. And if that wasn't enough - each one was actually released TWICE as a takara "and" ehobby with little to no difference. The quantity of prime and jet molds has gotten rediculous. Yet Grimlock was awesome - i bought 2 of those as well. But the direction they have gone in the past year has caused me to not only "STOP" being a completist, but because of that also - be more selective in my MP purchases. Bottom line, from a business perspective, they are leaving money on the table and creating disinterest. THAT is how you kill a line. Look at Hasbro's last Jet release - skywarp. It did so poorly, they are not even sure the 3rd seeker will even be released. They simply don't know their audience here, and IN MY OPINION are making some very poor decisions over the past year in regards to the MP line. I'm very happy about Rodimus Prime - hell, I have 2 on order (right now). But watch the next 3 releases all be remolds yet again.

Okay, I must admit that trying to transform Rodimus is scary. It's like Alternators Grimlock and MP Megatron combined. It's a nice toy and all, but the idea of it seems to be better than the actual product. There is already a little bit of wear to the chrome on Rodimus' arm pipes. I transformed Hot Rod into car mode once so far, but I don't think I did it correctly. There's no ground clearance for the car mode. While I was transforming it into car mode I accidentally removed one of the leg panels. There's a threaded rivet and I may have stripped the thread inside the hole on the leg panel. I have some trouble with the guns. I really don't like the peg-hole hand system that these toys use. While Hot Rod can hold both of his laser guns, I cannot get Rodimus Prime to hold the rifle that is made up of the two guns. The sturdiest thing about this toy is the trailer. It's a good, solid accessory and is well made.

With the safety regulation that must be followed, I don't see how Hasbro can release this toy over here.

There's apparently a youtube video about how to best transform MP Rodimus into his altmode by (I think) OptimusprimeSG. That way it should be possible to get everything lined up perfectly and you get some ground clearance...very little, but some.

Those legpanels are apparently one of the biggest problems with the mold. They're just to fragile to withstand repeated transformations. The connection with that screw that Mikeprime mentioned is a huge problem: the screw strips the inside of the plastic making it loose (and fall apart), and there's apparently nothing you can do to fix it. Only thing to do is hope it isn't already broken in the box, never hold the figure at the lower legs and be gentle with it.

The chestpiece tab is apparently too loose and requires nailpolish to tighten.

I've seen a fix for the hands, but it includes taking it apart and adding another pinhinge...

btw, the slot of the trailer where the yellow wing/spoiler goes is apparently to tight a fit because both parts are painted. I read that it's best to sand the slot in trailer before ever connecting the Hot Rod car into the trailer.

But I think the biggest problem with this figure is his size. If he was the same size as Optimus/Megatron, then the plastic would be thicker resulting in less fragile tabs and stronger connections for those legpanels.

I'll wait for the Hasbro version and just hopes he comes with his two connecting guns.

I asked this in another thread - but mine came in from TFSource today. It's this exact box and version from what I can tell -- but it came with the coin (and a bag) also -- which made me wonder if it was the limited HK version. I'd like to know "BEFORE" opening it up as well in case it needs to be returned. Did this come with a coin as well??

I asked this in another thread - but mine came in from TFSource today. It's this exact box and version from what I can tell -- but it came with the coin (and a bag) also -- which made me wonder if it was the limited HK version. I'd like to know "BEFORE" opening it up as well in case it needs to be returned. Did this come with a coin as well??

TFSource said on their Facebook page that they would be including the coin and bag. Customers could also get the display box for an extra shipping charge.

Archived