Anyone else frothing at the mouth for MP09?

Timothy.R

Is there anyone else frothing at mouth in anticipation of receiving Masterpiece Rodimus Prime/Hot rod? I know i am!

I was really hoping "late january" in reality meant early/mid january, but that's never how it works.

I really can't wait to pose and transform the figure and mess around with his accessories.

so am i alone or are there others out there.. and what are your favorite aspects of the figure?

i personally love his spoiler, his exhaust guns and I'm excited to pose him in his defense bay, i think I'll definitely get a lot more use out of that trailer than i did with MP04.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone else frothing at mouth in anticipation of receiving Masterpiece Rodimus Prime/Hot rod? I know i am!

I was really hoping "late january" in reality meant early/mid january, but that's never how it works.

I really can't wait to pose and transform the figure and mess around with his accessories.

so am i alone or are there others out there.. and what are your favorite aspects of the figure?

i personally love his spoiler, his exhaust guns and I'm excited to pose him in his defense bay, i think I'll definitely get a lot more use out of that trailer than i did with MP04.

I have to say, for the price, I'm going to wait for Hasbro version w/o the trailer...

I'm torn. I can justify the price because of the limited use of the mold, plus he's got a trailer. But on the flip side, he is going to be a domestic release, but he doesn't have a trailer, and that makes him just Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime (even though he can transform into both modes). I'm thinking about it.

I'd love the full-on version, but that price is far beyond what I could spend. Looks great, tho.

I'd def. get the Hasbro version if it were more affordable.

yeah. I would definitely be more excited if I could afford one at the moment. I do have aa protector on the way though, so I'll be more than happy with that for now

The figure looks amazing, but not worth the $200 pricetag. I might get the Hasbro release, if the price is right. And when I can get the money, I'm definately getting the Protector armor. Rodimus Prime for less than half the price, and to scale with Classics figures. WOrks for me! :yay

I dont remember everyone complaining about MP4's 200 plus price when it came out. They might have, but I dont remember. When you compare the two, it doesnt seem so bad to me. From what we have seen so far, I think its worth it. I am just glad we dont have to shell out 200 bucks for high end toys very often.

But yes, I am going nuts waiting for this thing.

BTW, late january usually means mid february from my experience.

My pre-order for him has been paid and now I'm just waiting. Already got a review planned to write out once I've had some time learning the transformations from vehicles to robot modes, found all the extras and more.

I decided not to wait this time like I did in the past, in the past waiting only ended up in my watching the prices for older MP's increase. This time I decided not to wait.

I keep looking at pictures of him everyday and the more I look at the pictures, the more I'm impressed by how much they've tried to make him as accurate as possible without showing a huge amount of the robot mode, from what I've seen in the pictures anyway.

Annoyed at the price though, for the price they could have added in WST Hot Rod as an extra instead of some useless collector's coin. Maybe the Micro Master Hot Rod as well.

Hope he's worth the price.

I dont remember everyone complaining about MP4's 200 plus price when it came out. They might have, but I dont remember. When you compare the two, it doesnt seem so bad to me. From what we have seen so far, I think its worth it. I am just glad we dont have to shell out 200 bucks for high end toys very often.

But yes, I am going nuts waiting for this thing.

BTW, late january usually means mid february from my experience.

Well, so far the only MP I've been impressed with is Grimlock, so I'm not inclined to spend $200 for one. But I was very impressed with the City Commander and G3 sets, so I'm thinking my best bet is to get the Protector trailer and call the Classic Rodimus/Protector combo my Masterpiece Rodimus Prime.

Archived