What do you think of the characters/toys so far??

Thegodofhell1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're a few months off from seeing the full breadth, but so far I'm not terribly impressed. The oversized weapon is an eyesore to me. Plus, right out of the gate we're going to get another THREE Bumblebees? Hasbro, seriously, enough is enough. You ignored him for 20+yrs and now you're just saturating us to the point of drowning.

AND we havent EVEN started withe the Bumblebee REPAINTS!!!!!!!! ON my part I am disappointed on optimus, I was expecting something better after battle blades prime,, there has been speculation that this optimus represents a scene in the movie were optimus goes to SPACE??????? that explains the Solar panels on top, the "boots" and the tanks that would act as rockets. Am also disappointed on Ratchet,, I was hoping that they upscaled the deluxe into a Voyager,, but we get another repaint :( The rest are good,,, except for Jolt, I wish they would had given him some CLIP on whips instead of a GUN,,, I always see jolt as the Transformers version of Kratos from God of War

I'm excited about the new Maegatron mold. Thus far it appears that he is the only figure i'm going to purchase.

I see this line being shelf warmers for a VERY long time. Over saturating pegs, shelves and clearance isles well into 2012. It is early of course but this is what i'm predicting.

Thank goodness for Third party figs. Plus Ebay and the forums that are going to provide me with the G1's and other figures form TF past that i'm hunting for. They should get me through the dark days ahead that will be the DOTM toyline.

I don't care much for the toys. I wasn't real keen on the movie designs for the characters alltogether. Vehicle modes are fine but I'll probably end up passing on the whole lot of them. As far as the movie itself goes, I'm looking forward to it just like the other two. Any TF movie or show is fine in my book, because I've already lived through the period of not having anything.

I'm excited about the new Maegatron mold. Thus far it appears that he is the only figure i'm going to purchase.

I see this line being shelf warmers for a VERY long time. Over saturating pegs, shelves and clearance isles well into 2012. It is early of course but this is what i'm predicting.

Thank goodness for Third party figs. Plus Ebay and the forums that are going to provide me with the G1's and other figures form TF past that i'm hunting for. They should get me through the dark days ahead that will be the DOTM toyline.

haha, why IS that??

haha, why IS that??

Well, i'm not much of a fan of the movieverse figures in the first place and so far i'm finding the DOTM figures redundant or uninspired in most cases. So far it's the same molds and characters but slightly modified and I'm sure there will be new characters and designs, of course, and i'm excited to see what they look like and who they are but nothing is blowing my mind and none of the movieverse figures have ever really blown my mind or gotten me stoked.

SO i'm not going to go TF hunting like i am with Generations and RTS, ergo, saving money.

After generations and RTS has done it's thing, it will be DOTM dominating the stores by mid year and leftovers will carry over to the next year clogging shelves. Much like ROTF still has figures all over the place. Not buying anything from DOTM will leave money in my wallet to bolster my TF ranks with gems from yesteryear that i really want.

I'm interested to see what Shockwave will look like though and am as equally scared to see what he'll look like. Like i said earlier. Movieverse isn't my favourite.

I've been a fan of the movie toys, these look like something of a departure though. I do like the Cyberverse and basic HA stuff so far. Regulars toys I'm still not sure. I'm really half and half with them. Not sure how that opinion will work out by release.

Same here. I really haven't liked any of the movie megatron molds so far, but this one doesn't look half bad. Besides that strange cloak he's wearing. Good disguise :roll

The toys aren't even out yet so it's hard to judge what we can't see or don't have. I don't like to judge things prematurely, so I'll wait till the toys are out.

The oversized weapon is an eyesore to me. Plus, right out of the gate we're going to get another THREE Bumblebees? Hasbro, seriously, enough is enough. You ignored him for 20+yrs and now you're just saturating us to the point of drowning.

Yeah, those oversized weapons look goofy... much like early G2. (-_-) At least they're not hot day-glo flouro colours. Hasbro ignored Bumblebee for 11 years. We had G2 Go-Bot Bumblebee in 1995, then nothing until Classics Bumblebee in 2006. But yeah, it's pretty odd how we now have more Bumblebee toys for the films alone than we had in all of G1 and G2 (including variants) put together! :/

Same here. I really haven't liked any of the movie megatron molds so far, but this one doesn't look half bad. Besides that strange cloak he's wearing. Good disguise :roll

You know what makes DOTM more interesting than TF1 and ROTF Megatron? He has a 'proper' alt mode! TF1 Megatron transformed into a "WTF?" alien jet-thing, and ROTF Megatron was a "WTF?" alien tank-thing - both of which translated really poorly as toys. Now we _finally_ see Megatron with a recognisable Earthen alt mode. I was able to accept Megatron not having an Earth mode in TF1 because of the way the story was written (i.e. not having the chance to scan one). But then in ROTF when they decided to revive him (and they really should've called him Galvatron IMO) they had the opportunity to give him an Earth mode, but they intentionally chose not to. There was no real reason for that.

Archived