Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar Instructions Shows Off New Junkion Head

Peter_Van

The instruction sheet for Transformers Reveal the Shield deluxe class Wreck-Gar has revealed the third alternate head that has been made for the mold, similar to how we learned of the alternate heads for Lugnut, Thunderwing, and Terradive. The head mold sports a visor and a mouth. This is the third alternate head, the second being the eHobby exclusive Scrapheap, which has a mouthplate. Read the Full News Story Here

I guess Hasbro has finally caught on to the idea that adding a new head helps to ease the fact that the consumer is buying the same product twice or more. Not sure if this is a good thing yet. Does the fact that they are throwing in a new head mold with their repaints justify MORE repaints?? If so- keep the head and do less repaints.

Fracture is still my favorite of the Walmart exclusives from the first movie and of the various heads they have for this figure I look forward to this one the most.

I think it would be kinda cool if Hasbro did short-packed variants with different heads rather than repaints. They already short-packed ROTF Deluxe Red Rampage and Evac. It was fun to score those.

Damn...

I'm gonna end up with SO MANY versions of this mold.

Glad to know we should likely be getting at least one repaint of this mold here in the States. For most molds, unless the repaint is another spicific recognizable G1 character (such as Tracks / Wheeljack) I like to stick to just getting one of that mold. But I did want to get someone other then a second Wreck-Gar for Wreck-Gar to ride on! (Hopefully whatever his colour scheme is, it will be something that makes sense on a Junkion.)

But I did want to get someone other then a second Wreck-Gar for Wreck-Gar to ride on!

LOL I love it when you talk dirty! But seriously, I'd rather see less of the junky activators, StarWars Crossovers, Marvel Crossovers, PVC statues, semi-transforming vehicles, RPMs, and legends, in exchange for more independent molds of various characters (excluding the main characters that they've run into the ground with numerous re-molds and tweaks *cough Bumblebee).

I guess Hasbro has finally caught on to the idea that adding a new head helps to ease the fact that the consumer is buying the same product twice or more. Not sure if this is a good thing yet. Does the fact that they are throwing in a new head mold with their repaints justify MORE repaints?? If so- keep the head and do less repaints.

I think it depends on the characters really. I think Skullgrin is a good example of how it works well.

LOL I love it when you talk dirty! But seriously, I'd rather see less of the junky activators, StarWars Crossovers, Marvel Crossovers, PVC statues, semi-transforming vehicles, RPMs, and legends, in exchange for more independent molds of various characters (excluding the main characters that they've run into the ground with numerous re-molds and tweaks *cough Bumblebee).

Oh, I agree! I don't touch any of those, except Activators that are Optimus Prime, or Legends based on G1 characters. (And I did, I'll admit, collect the Star Wars ones based on the original trilogy. I was sad, but not surprised, when the Y-Wing turned out to be a Clone Wars varient. And I thought it a missed opertunity when they never did the Tantive IV. Could have been done as either Leia, or perhaps a combiner like the Falcon that became 3P0 and R2... But I'm getting a bit off topic here.)

Um... Bring on the Junkions! (Heck, bring on any of the Reveil the Shields! Haven't found any of them myself yet. Well... correction. I did find a Jazz, but that took me forever, and alas I found it when looking for it for a Christmas present for someone, they only had the one, and have yet to find him again.)

Archived