1st Looks at Dark of the Moon Deluxe Jolt, Voyager Prime In-Box; Plus Ironhide

Peter_Van

Three separate Yahoo! Japan auctions from nihaohuwen has shown off our first looks at Transformer: Dark of the Moon deluxe Jolt and Voyager Optimus Prime in-box, and new images of what looks to be Deluxe Ironhide. Jolt, despite being ousted from this film, will be part of the toyline, as leaked last week in a TakaraTomy toy listing. The images give us a look at the figure's MechTech gun as well as the Chevrolet Volt vehicle mode. The hood and roof of the figure sport the same interesting design that Voyager Optimus Prime has, although instead of gray it is black on Jolt. Read more. Read the Full News Story Here

The new paintjob on Jolt is way too flashy. But I'm very eager to see how that new mold works. As for Prime , I'm still not convinced about it. I think the addition of a trailer might be the only thing that can save this figure. And Ironhide still looks good, but I'm still hoping thats a voyager because a deluxe Ironhide is too small.

I've got to say that the Giant-Mech-Weapons really takes away from the toyline. MAYBE it would be acceptable if they were better integrated into the alt mode but they are just as much of an eyesore there as well. Also wondering how they are going to account for those "big-guns" in the movie. 'Robots in Disguise'- my arse, with a Semi driving down the interstate with a giant cannon in place of a trailer -OR- an SUV with a door mounted giant cannon, lol. Part of the beauty of the toys post G2 was their ability to conceal their weapons in alt mode.

Not liking the Big Ass Gun treatment on these figures, either. Looks silly to me. I thought Jolt wasn't gonna be in the 3rd movie? Huh :schin

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WERE ARE HIS WHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A GUN?????? NO just NO, I WOULD HAD PREFERRED CLIP ON WHIPS HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U FAIL ME YET AGAIN HASBRO

Talk about jumping the (annoying) gun. We haven't even seen his robot mode, and folks are complaining about missing items. :lol

I'm not sure my feelings on the Allspark blue paint job, but I have a feeling they'll grow on me.

Jolt gives me some questions, though.

The black deco on his hood and roof, is it supposed to represent a "Carbon Fiber"-ish deco or something?

Shrugged this one off with Skids, but now after seeing Jolt:

How do these weapons attach in vehicle mode? With the weapons removed, the attachment points look like a flat surface. Do they pop back up with springs? or are they magnetic? :tfhuh

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WERE ARE HIS WHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A GUN?????? NO just NO, I WOULD HAD PREFERRED CLIP ON WHIPS HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about jumping the (annoying) gun. We haven't even seen his robot mode, and folks are complaining about missing items. :lol

I'm not sure my feelings on the Allspark blue paint job, but I have a feeling they'll grow on me.

The black deco on his hood and roof, is it supposed to represent a "Carbon Fiber"-ish deco or something?

How do these weapons attach in vehicle mode? With the weapons removed, the attachment points look like a flat surface. Do they pop back up with springs? or are they magnetic? :tfhuh

true, BUT tell me, do you see Jolt with a GUN or WHIPS???? what feels better????? Jolt has always been MY transformers version of Kratos from God of War,,,

Not liking the Big Ass Gun treatment on these figures, either. Looks silly to me. I thought Jolt wasn't gonna be in the 3rd movie? Huh :schin

It's like Rob Liefeld did the figure designs for DOTM. "MechTech" isn't doing it for me. They don't exactly blend with all those civillian vehicles that have giant roof-mounted cannons.

Also, Jolt was under utilized in ROTF. I can't believe he's been cut entirely. I was looking forward to more of him.

true, BUT tell me, do you see Jolt with a GUN or WHIPS???? what feels better????? Jolt has always been MY transformers version of Kratos from God of War,,,

It's hard to answer. Drowning underneath a pile of question marks and exclamation points. :lol

Seriously, just chill out. Wait till we've seen the robot mode.

Anywho, it's not a written rule a TF can't change weapons between appearances. Maybe Jolt's been talking to Sideswipe.

On the record, whips or no, I like Jolt's gun. :shrug (Not a big fan of it in vehicle mode, but I like it.)

I've got to say that the Giant-Mech-Weapons really takes away from the toyline. MAYBE it would be acceptable if they were better integrated into the alt mode but they are just as much of an eyesore there as well. Also wondering how they are going to account for those "big-guns" in the movie. 'Robots in Disguise'- my arse, with a Semi driving down the interstate with a giant cannon in place of a trailer -OR- an SUV with a door mounted giant cannon, lol. Part of the beauty of the toys post G2 was their ability to conceal their weapons in alt mode.

Seconded.

Maybe Jolt came down with a case of Barricade syndrome. They say it can only be cured with months of treatment from a professional screenwriter, and those guys aren't cheap.

Plus, there aren't that many good ones in Hollywood these days. :lol

Archived