Bay - Transformers Dark of the Moon is 'Lean and Mean,' Agrees ROTF Sucked

Peter_Van

Honestly, it could be worse, I mean Uwe Boll could be directing it...but, I think on thing Bay needs to learn to show is some humility once in awhile...the first film was full of plot holes, and I have not watched the second movie, and The Island, well, it was a bad movie. But I also remember thinking Independence Day was a great movie the first time I saw it...

As for Megan Fox leaving,maybe she decided against washing his car again, you know, gained some dignity after all.

Eric

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey ROTF may have sucked but it still got over a little over a billion in the box office :tfgrin

Meh, Michael Bay is still right to criticize ROTF. Most of his work comprised of above-average action movies.

Honestly, it could be worse, I mean Uwe Boll could be directing it...but, I think on thing Bay needs to learn to show is some humility once in awhile...the first film was full of plot holes, and I have not watched the second movie, and The Island, well, it was a bad movie. But I also remember thinking Independence Day was a great movie the first time I saw it...

As for Megan Fox leaving,maybe she decided against washing his car again, you know, gained some dignity after all.

Eric

At least if Uwe Boll had directed it, then Hasbro would've pulled the plug before ROTF.

And whats wrong with you? Independence Day is on my list for one of the greatest movies ever made. The effects in that movie when you first saw them in theaters is comparable to seeing Avatar in the theaters last year. It rocketed Will Smith to stardom, help cement Jeff Goldblum's career (Jurrasic Park helped too) and does anyone remember all the controvery that was made over the aliens blowing up the White House? That scene stirred up so much debate about whats ok to show in a movie and whats not. Happily tho, freedom of speech prevailed. At any rate, Independence Day is at the very least the best Sci-Fi movie ever made/Alien movie ever made.

Now, before I'm attacked: Aliens was one of the greatest movies too. Yeesh.

I saw the Island at the theaters. I liked it. What's wrong with you people?

I saw The Island as well. It wasn't as bad as Bay's other movies. I'm surprised he had anything to do with it.

Movies are funny things. You have your ranges of good and bad of course.

But then you have those movies that come along from time to time that are just sssooooo bad that they are actually pretty good. In my book that's where ROTF has fallen.

Was that an intentional pun?! :lol

The Island was a good movie. The plot was good and I think it was one of his best if I might add. I love that Cadillac Cien Concept car and those Black Wasps were the Sh!t! I want one. The movie had everything, humor, drama, action, plot, storyline, and really good actors!

Putting ROTF and The Island side by side you will see the similarities in the Action sequences, but that's about it....

Eric

At least if Uwe Boll had directed it, then Hasbro would've pulled the plug before ROTF.

And whats wrong with you? Independence Day is on my list for one of the greatest movies ever made. The effects in that movie when you first saw them in theaters is comparable to seeing Avatar in the theaters last year. It rocketed Will Smith to stardom, help cement Jeff Goldblum's career (Jurrasic Park helped too) and does anyone remember all the controvery that was made over the aliens blowing up the White House? That scene stirred up so much debate about whats ok to show in a movie and whats not. Happily tho, freedom of speech prevailed. At any rate, Independence Day is at the very least the best Sci-Fi movie ever made/Alien movie ever made.

Now, before I'm attacked: Aliens was one of the greatest movies too. Yeesh.

I saw the Island at the theaters. I liked it. What's wrong with you people?

I saw The Island as well. It wasn't as bad as Bay's other movies. I'm surprised he had anything to do with it.

Yup, ID4 is a GREAT movie ... Hell it is so popular, that rumors about ID4:2 are STILL floating around.

I too actually enjoyed The Island. I remember seeing it and thinking: "This guy is directing Transformers? hey! this could be pretty good!"

*sigh*

Still there's one thing that's really hilarious about "The Island": Did you know that the plot was Cannibalized from an old 70's B-movie? Behold: Parts: The Clonus Horror (link)

Apparently it was even similar enough that there was a law-suit over it that had to get settled out of court! How about that?

I originally saw the movie on Mystery Science Theater 3000; it was hilarious putting the Island in my DVD player and being like: Wait a minute... I just saw this on MST! :tflaugh

Archived