Okay what is This?

Forcehunter

This is also known as the "Keeper Trilogy" , and it are 3 Transformers novels set in the Dreamwave G1 continuity. They were meant to fill in the story-gap between Dreamwave's "Prime Directive" and "War and Peace".

Hope that answer your question.

Omnibus of 3 novels (Hardwired, Annihilation, Fusion)

It was a hard cover version collecting all 3 soft cover novels. I think at one point it was a book club exclusive. The story was soso at best and full of spelling errors. go with the soft covers if you want to read it. They may end up cheaper.

Wouldn't exactly call it "Must Get".

The first book (Hardwired) in the trilogy is pretty much garbage. I got a feeling the author of the first book got off on gore, given his rather graphic depictions in the Keepers Arena. If you think the Bay movies are bad, this book is a thousand times worse. It came across as "Alien invaders. Only this time there are two of them. One kidnaps the other stranded on earth + bunch of humans and makes them do battle in an arena. Plug in Transformers names and abilities." than something that's actually "Transformers".

The author that took over for the rest of the series (Annihilation & Fusion) , did a better job at salvaging it from the trainwreck that is "Hardwired", but he also basically wrapped up the Keepers storyline by the end of the 2nd book.

Haven't found (haven't actually given it much search, though) the third volume (Fusion), so I'm not sure how it wraps up the trilogy as a whole.

There's a fourth book, called "Transformers Legends", too. It's a set of anthology stories.

Oh man those things. So much promise that just didn't deliver. I was excited for actual Transformers novels.

The first book could have been ok, but it was basically a short story stretched out to a billion pages. Like Optimus steps, then a 7 page description of everything going on around him while he is stepping. Not in a interesting way either. Like getting a speech when a simple yes or no would have done the trick. Any momentum it had, it ruined itself.

Second book wasn't that bad, not that good either. But I was more interested in it. Maybe because the new author kept the story a little tighter. Still not perfect, but much better than the first book IMO.

Third book, apparently somebody forgot to tell the author that trilogies consist of three. Because everything was wrapped up in the second book, then had to be reopened, to be wrapped up again. This one just felt tacked on.

As far as these books go, I think Transformers Legends, which came out shortly after was a better book. Still not perfect, but a better read IMO. If you can find it, I'd recommend it over the trilogy any day. I think the books are a solid example of how a long term strategy should be completely fleshed out before anything is done. Which a lot of TF product in the early 00's didn't seem to have happen. Too much flying by the seat of ones pants and not enough Genesis books getting mailed out.

Omnibus of 3 novels (Hardwired, Annihilation, Fusion)

It was a hard cover version collecting all 3 soft cover novels. I think at one point it was a book club exclusive. The story was soso at best and full of spelling errors. go with the soft covers if you want to read it. They may end up cheaper.

Not to mentionm continuity errors.

The story is supposed to be set in the Dreamwave continuity, but it doesnt really fit.

I've only read the first book, and I must say that I've shat better stories than that. It was a PAINFUL book to read and I literally had to force myself to finish it. Didn't bother reading the rest of the Trilogy. Scott Ciencin's writing makes Shane McCarthy look good. Do yourself a favour and just don't waste your money buying or or waste your time reading it.

dorifuto.jpg

Archived