Protector arm parts

Psy-Dis

Hey guys , I had my protector set for a few weeks now , and it feels really solid, except for the arm parts.

I'm getting pretty scared of the little tabs that clip under his armpits breaking off. And for the record , I am extremely carefull with all my TF's.

Anyone else having the same fear? or even having slight break lines?

If you're seeing stress marks on those, then you've been doing something wrong. If they're being attached/removed correctly, they never come in any danger of stress or breakage. To remove, you only need to tug the outer clip off the tire, then slide the arm piece back and it'll come right off. To attach, slide the arm piece forward from the back at a slight angle until the outer clip is directly over the tire, then push the clip onto the tire. It's important to slide the arm piece on/off because the ridge the inner piece hangs on to narrows into the rest of the original toy's arm until it reaches the elbow.

yeah, there's no stress marks on mine, and i have to admit i've been pretty rough on it, for how expensive it was.

roddys bicep where you clip that tab has sort of a cutaway near the elbow. this area is where you wanna slide the tab in. you then gently slide up to where it gets wider, closer to the wheel, and then you slip the clip over the tire. it shouldn't make much of a click if you're doing it right, and no stress should occur. i hope this helps, it makes me cringe to think somebody's expensive toy is giving out on them.

oh also, if it ends up breaking on you, you can buy replacement parts. i did this when my city commanders (which i bought on ebay) neck joint broke. i contacted BBTS and they sold me a whole new head/neck/torso peice for $15. just FYI

If you're seeing stress marks on those, then you've been doing something wrong. If they're being attached/removed correctly, they never come in any danger of stress or breakage. To remove, you only need to tug the outer clip off the tire, then slide the arm piece back and it'll come right off. To attach, slide the arm piece forward from the back at a slight angle until the outer clip is directly over the tire, then push the clip onto the tire. It's important to slide the arm piece on/off because the ridge the inner piece hangs on to narrows into the rest of the original toy's arm until it reaches the elbow.

Which is exactly what I do, I don't recall attaching (or detaching) the arms in any other way, not even the first time I transformed him.

oh also, if it ends up breaking on you, you can buy replacement parts. i did this when my city commanders (which i bought on ebay) neck joint broke. i contacted BBTS and they sold me a whole new head/neck/torso peice for $15. just FYI

Thats very nice to know, thanks

Then check within Rodimus' arms for any flash that might be altering the thickness of the area the Protector arm pieces are supposed to clip over. Another possibility is that the inner clip might be getting snagged on a piece when you're trying to connect the arm pieces back onto the trailer. Or you were unlucky and got a bad Protector set. As remote as that possibility may be, it could happen.

Thanks Barricade , I don't think there's any mold flash, but you got me thinking about shaving a little bit off his inner shoulders.

And despite the stress marks , I'm not extremely worried of them breaking off , because the plastic is very solid.

Archived