Updates of G1 Characters

Breaker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot to add the BotCon version of G1 Ratchet from 2005 still. Also, there are two G1 characters who are not even on the list at all which have had updates: Darkwing and Dreadwind. Dreadwind was a BotCn exclusive (a redeco of Classics Jetfire with a new headsculpt), while Darkwing was a TRU exclusive (a straight redeco of Universe 2.0 Silverbolt) under the name Darkwind (couldn't get the trademark for Darkwing).

If you're going to count Fallback from BC05, then RTS Fallback should count as well. They're both the same alt mode, an SUV with a roof mounted gun.

sorry... looked at the list and didnt Skywarp have a MP? I soooo wanted it :)

If you're going to count Fallback from BC05, then RTS Fallback should count as well. They're both the same alt mode, an SUV with a roof mounted gun.

BotCon Fallback was specifically stated to be G1 Outback by Fun Publications, in his bio, and the fiction. RTS is a bit of a mash-up containing both G1 inspired as well as movie inspired figures. Fallback has more of a movie aesthetic, being a redeco of the movie Brawn figure, and is more than likely intended to fit the movie-verse. Thus RTS Fallback may or may not be intended to bean update of G1 Outback. More than likely though, he isn't, at least not officially.

Okay okay, Ill add some stuff I missed.

does Lazerbeak -real gear, MP3 Soundwave, Earphone Rumble & Frenzy, USB Ravage, mouse Grimlock & Tripticon, ROTF Gears and the new Seaspray count?

The Real Gear version doesnt count because its not Laserbeak, its Booster X-10 (or something like that). Device Label and Music Label counts, but I did forget to add Trypticon and Grimlock.

Seaspray should count but unfortunately he is a Bayverse character so I cant include him.

Adding MP Skywarp and TC. Adding the necessary stuff to Outback.

Darkwind and Dreadwing were comic only characters, thus their exclusion.

I am only counting the Amercan G1 toon at the moment. I may expand it later to include the Japanese expansions. If theres enough want for it.

RTS Fallback is based off of ROTF Brawn mold. Is he going to be an update of the G1 character Outback (as Fallback) or is he going to be a new Bayverse character?

Thanks Breaker I know about the Causality Insecticons just wondering what their alt-modes are gonna be like. I also quite like the Hearts of Steel Insecticons as well. Back to the thread topic. I think drawing the line on ROTF also questions the validity of the G1 Jazz and Tracks from the Reveal The Shield line because that seems to be bringing the Bayverse into the mix with Fallback (Outback) and Mindset. I feel that if it's a good enough representation then I'll use it in my G1 update collection, at least until something better comes along. I was very disappointed with ROTF Brawn. I also think the legends class Brawn, Cosmos, Beachcomber and Wheelie should be included because they we're minibots to begin with.

Okay okay, Ill add some stuff I missed.

does Lazerbeak -real gear, MP3 Soundwave, Earphone Rumble & Frenzy, USB Ravage, mouse Grimlock & Tripticon, ROTF Gears and the new Seaspray count?

The Real Gear version doesnt count because its not Laserbeak, its Booster X-10 (or something like that). Device Label and Music Label counts, but I did forget to add Trypticon and Grimlock.

Seaspray should count but unfortunately he is a Bayverse character so I cant include him.

Adding MP Skywarp and TC. Adding the necessary stuff to Outback.

Darkwind and Dreadwing were comic only characters, thus their exclusion.

I am only counting the Amercan G1 toon at the moment. I may expand it later to include the Japanese expansions. If theres enough want for it.

Actually, Darkwing and Dreadwind were not comic only characters. I own the original toys. They, along with the other Powermasters were released as toys in 1988. They were the only two Decepticon Powermaster toys released in the US. Doubledealer was neither Autobot nor Decepticon, and Overlord was never released in the US.

I think that was in reference to they not being featured in the American anime series, as that is all he's incorporating at the moment. They were in a TF anime, but in the Masterforce series, which unfortunately has never seen the light of day in the US sans YouTube or bootlegs.

Archived