Updates of G1 Characters

Breaker

I think SeaSpray should count. Yes he was in a Bayverse inspired line, but Hunt for The Decepticons wasn't a pure movie line, it was the line to move out of the movie line. And honestly, his mold doesn't look like it belongs in the Bayverse. But then again I also think that the Animated Swoop is a much better representation of G1 Swoop, then Classics Grimlock is of G1 Grimlock.

I understand some people's hesitation on WFC molds being included (Prime and Soundwave), but luckily, if you're going to count the Titanium series, both Prime and Soundwave had G1 versions done, along with a very nice G1 Ultra Magnus.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was in reference to they not being featured in the American anime series, as that is all he's incorporating at the moment. They were in a TF anime, but in the Masterforce series, which unfortunately has never seen the light of day in the US sans YouTube or bootlegs.

Thats right.

I know those guys are G1, its just that this list is of Transformers that appeared in the G1 toon. American. Im still mulling over whether or not to include Masterforce. But I probably wont because I did this list for fun and its turning into slave labor.

I think that was in reference to they not being featured in the American anime series, as that is all he's incorporating at the moment. They were in a TF anime, but in the Masterforce series, which unfortunately has never seen the light of day in the US sans YouTube or bootlegs.

Thats right.

I know those guys are G1, its just that this list is of Transformers that appeared in the G1 toon. American. Im still mulling over whether or not to include Masterforce. But I probably wont because I did this list for fun and its turning into slave labor.

On the plus side, you've drawn alot of interest, and alot of input to help fill in some of the blanks :tflaugh I'd say you've done a great job already!

Thats right.

On the plus side, you've drawn alot of interest, and alot of input to help fill in some of the blanks :tflaugh I'd say you've done a great job already!

Heres why I cant count Seaspray: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sea_Spray

I understand some people's hesitation on WFC molds being included (Prime and Soundwave), but luckily, if you're going to count the Titanium series, both Prime and Soundwave had G1 versions done, along with a very nice G1 Ultra Magnus.

WFC figures shouldn't be included - they're the Cybertronian forms of the TF:Prime incarnations, not G1.

The developer of the WFC game, High Moon Studios, has explicitly stated that the story takes place in G1. Hasbro unfortunately twisted it into Prime (which is why everyone in WFC looks more like their G1 counterparts, and there is a noticeable gap in styles between it and Prime). So while officially, its just Prime, Im including them because the figures that branch off from the game, also inherit that intended G1 spirit.

But since Hasbro owns TFs, shouldn't their word be final? I love the WFC toys, but they're officially not the same guys.

Very well, WFC will be removed and Scourge/Kup will be changed from RTS to Generations.

Also added RTS Legends.

Thats right.

Heres why I cant count Seaspray: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sea_Spray

Hmm, not quite sure what part of that you're referring to that says it's NOT to be counted, if anything I came away thinking even more that he SHOULD be counted for this list because of the comments made at the very bottom in the "Notes" section. Hasbro on 2 different occasions stated that he was an attempt to remake the G1 counterpart, but they could only put him in that line because of size, otherwise he belongs in the Generations line.

Same thing with WFC Soundwave. He was meant to be G1, but landed in Prime. So he couldn't be counted. Seaspray was meant for something like Generations, but landed in HFTD making him a Bayverse character. Thus I cant count him.

EDIT: yeah okay. I re-read the notes and I think there is enough play there to re-add him. Unless he appears in any sort of media that contradicts it that is. But I dont have any reason to think he'll appear in any live action capacity.

Same thing with WFC Soundwave. He was meant to be G1, but landed in Prime. So he couldn't be counted. Seaspray was meant for something like Generations, but landed in HFTD making him a Bayverse character. Thus I cant count him.

EDIT: yeah okay. I re-read the notes and I think there is enough play there to re-add him. Unless he appears in any sort of media that contradicts it that is. But I dont have any reason to think he'll appear in any live action capacity.

As for the WFC characters, WFC is pretty wel an attempt be Hasbro (and the game makers) to create a "unified" history for the TF multiverse. and the game creators are also official sources in this regard, and they did set this game up as a precursor to G1. Hasbro simply established it as a the basis for their whole "modern continuity" which simply includes TF Prime. From what I've gathered from their statements, their "modern continuity" pretty much encompasses everything. So I'd still count the WFC figures.

Archived