Updates of G1 Characters

Breaker

Please read the paragraph below, Im getting tired of answering the same questions.

Someone in a previous thread mentioned that with the oncoming Autobots in the Reveal The Shield line, all we need are Hoist and Trailbreaker and were all set. I took a step back and thought about that. To an extant it's true, but only if you count season 1 of the original Transformers cartoon and only if you exclude Hauler and 4/5ths of the Dinobots. Below, I've compounded a list of Autobots and Decepticons who have appeared in the G1 toon ONLY (in no particular order) followed by what lines their "updated" toys appeared in. I did not include Nebulans, unnamed characters or things like random Junkions/medics/etc. I also excluded anything based on a ROTF/Movie-line mold or third party product. Deal with it.

If you find anything out of place or something is missing, let me know and I'll update it.

??? - denotes no update released/planned

** - denotes NOT a retail release

Optimus Prime - Classics/RTS/United/Alternators/Binaltech/Titaniums/MP (Universe 25th Anniversary**)

Prowl - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech/Titaniums

Bluestreak - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech (as Silverstreak)

Smokescreen - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech

Hound - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech

Mirage - Classics/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech/Botcon 2007**

Ratchet - Universe/Henkei

Ironhide - Universe/Henkei/Botcon 2005**

Jazz - RTS/United/Alternators/Binaltech (as Meister in Alternators/Binaltech)

Sideswipe - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech

Sunstreaker - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech

Wheeljack - RTS/United/Alternators/Binaltech

Trailbreaker - RTS (as Trailcutter)

Bumblebee - Classics/RTS/Henkei/United

Cliffjumper - Classics/Generations/United

Huffer - TCC**/Botcon 2007**

Windcharger - RTS/Alternators

Brawn - Universe/Henkei

Gears - ???

Hauler - ???

Skyfire - Classics/Henkei/Titaniums (as Jetfire)

Grimlock - Classics/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech/Titaniums/Device Label/MP

Slag - ???

Sludge - ???

Snarl - ???

Swoop - ???

Red Alert -Universe/Generations/Henkei/Binaltech

Perceptor - Classics/RTS/United

Beachcomber - Universe/Henkei

Inferno - Universe/Henkei

Grapple - RTS/United

Blaster - Universe/Device Label

Hoist - ???

Powerglide - Universe/Henkei

Warpath - Universe/Henkei

Seaspray - HFTD

Tracks - RTS/United/Alternators/Binaltech

Cosmos - Universe/Henkei

Omega Supreme - ???

Skids - Alternators/Binaltech

Devcon - ???

Arcee - Binaltech/Botcon 2001**

Chromia - Botcon 2005**

Moonracer - ???

Firestar - ???

Elita One - Botcon**

Alpha Trion - Botcon 2007**

Greenlight - ???

Lancer - ???

Silverbolt - Universe/Henkei

Skydive - ???

Air Raid - Botcon**

Fireflight - Classics

Slingshot - ???

Dion - TCC**

Ultra Magnus - Classics/Titaniums/MP

Kup - Generations/United/Botcon 2009**

Springer - Universe/Botcon 2007**

Blurr - Generations/United

Eject - ???

Rewind - ???

Steeljaw - ???

Ramhorn - ???

Wreck-Gar - RTS/United

Hot Spot - Titaniums (as Hot Zone)

Blades - Universe

Groove - ???

First Aid - ???

Streetwise - ???

Hot Rod - Classics/RTS/Henkei/Titaniums/MP (Mostly as Rodimus in all lines)

Outback - Botcon 2005** (as Fallback)

Wheelie - Universe/Henkei

Sky Lynx - ???

Tailgate - ???

Swerve - Alternators

Pipes - ???

Sandstorm - ???

Broadside - ???

Metroplex - ???

Lightspeed - ???

Afterburner - ???

Scattershot - ???

Nosecone - ???

Strafe - ???

Chase - ???

Freeway - ???

Searchlight - ???

Punch/Counterpunch - TCC**

Rollbar - Alternators

Hardhead - Universe

Wide Load - ???

Pointblank - ???

Sureshot - ???

Crosshairs - ???

Brainstorm - ???

Chromedome - ???

Highbrow - ???

Fastlane - ???

Cloudraker - ???

Cerebros - ???

Fortress Maximus - ???

Wheelie - Universe

Megatron - Classics/Henkei/RTS/United/Titaniums (Universe 25th Anniversary**)

Starscream - Classics/Universe/RTS/Henkei/Titaniums/MP

Thundercracker - RTS/Henkei/Titaniums/MP/Botcon 2007**

Skywarp - Classics/Henkei/MP/Titaniums**

Ramjet - Classics/Henkei

Thrust - Generations/Gentei/Titaniums/Botcon 2007**

Dirge - Generations/Gentei/Botcon 2007**

Soundwave - Titaniums/Music Label

Laserbeak - Titaniums

Shockwave - Alternators/Binaltech (as Shockblast in Alternators, Laserwave in Binaltech)

Reflector - ???

Rumble - RTS/United/Music Label

Frenzy - RTS/United/Music Label

Ravage - Universe/Henkei/Alternators/Binaltech/Device Label (as Ravage and Battle Ravage in Alternators)

Shrapnel - ???

Bombshell - ???

Kickback - ???

Scrapper - ???

Hook - ???

Long Haul - ???

Scavenger - ???

Mixmaster - ???

Bonecrusher - ???

Buzzsaw - ???

Astrotrain - Classics/Henkei

Blitzwing - ???

Octane - Universe/Henkei (as Tankor)

Motormaster - ???

Dead End - Alternators/Binaltech

Breakdown - ???

Drag Strip - Universe (25th Anniversary)**

Wildrider - Gentei

Onslaught - Universe/Henkei

Brawl - ???

Vortex - ???

Blast Off - ???

Swindle - Alternators

Galvatron - Universe/Henkei

Cyclonus - Universe/RTS/Henkei

Scourge - Generations/United/Titaniums/Botcon 2009**

Razorclaw - Botcon 2010**

Tantrum - ???

Headstrong - ???

Rampage - ???

Divebomb - ???

Trypticon - Classics/Device Label

Runamuck - ???

Runabout - ???

Ratbat - Universe

Hun-Gurrr - ???

Sinnertwin - ???

Rippersnapper - ???

Blot - ???

Cutthroat - ???

Slugfest - ???

Overkill - Botcon 2007**/Universe (25th Anniversary)**

Slugslinger - ???

Triggerhappy - ???

Sixshot - ???

Pounce - ???

Wingspan - ???

Misfire - ???

Weirdwolf - Botcon 2007**

Snapdragon - ???

Apeface - ???

Skullcruncher - ???

Mindwipe - ???

Scorponok - ???

Don't tell me were all set LOL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You put Hauler in there? Only saw his alt mode for all of... what... 5sec? And no robot mode? I don't count him as part of the G1 Universe. At all. But that's my opinion :shrug

Huffer was part of TCC, BotCon 2007

You have Pointblank in there twice ;)

I would submit LongHaul and Mixmaster as part of the original ROTF lineup, since they do have the same alt modes as their G1 namesakes

Brawl was part of the first movie, so I would count him

Not busting your balls or anything. You just sought input

You put Hauler in there? Only saw his alt mode for all of... what... 5sec? And no robot mode? I don't count him as part of the G1 Universe. At all. But that's my opinion :shrug

Huffer was part of TCC, BotCon 2007

You have Pointblank in there twice ;)

I would submit LongHaul and Mixmaster as part of the original ROTF lineup, since they do have the same alt modes as their G1 namesakes

Brawl was part of the first movie, so I would count him

Not busting your balls or anything. You just sought input

Wasn't Hauler pretty much have the same look as Grapple? I usually just consider them one and the same.

I consider PCC Huffer to fill the spot better, idk I'm odd like that.

Constructicons, just wait, more then likely Fansproject will give us some G1 inspired bots or there's always that other Devastator third party creation coming up (forgot the name) >->

My question though, where are the rest of the dinobots? They're some of the few transformers to exist throughout the entire show since their debut, only others I can think of are Jazz and Bumblebee, so why haven't they earned their Universe/RTS toys yet?

Thanks for the input guys. Ive added a few things including Legends releases that Im aware of and removed some errors. :thumb

I typed in there that I didnt include anything under a deluxe class (now rectified). Or anything based off a ROTF mold, fan-made mold etc as they arent designed to be updates of G1, just toys to their on-screen movie counterparts/not official releases.

Im also not going to put up placeholders like PCC's that pass for updates because thats subject to the individual's view. If I included placeholders the list would be infinitely long.

No counting TCC

They are not mass retail, obviously you are not counting Legends

I counted TCC because they are official releases.

Thanks for the input guys. Ive added a few things including Legends releases that Im aware of and removed some errors. :thumb

I typed in there that I didnt include anything under a deluxe class (now rectified). Or anything based off a ROTF mold, fan-made mold etc as they arent designed to be updates of G1, just toys to their on-screen movie counterparts/not official releases.

Im also not going to put up placeholders like PCC's that pass for updates because thats subject to the individual's view. If I included placeholders the list would be infinitely long.

No counting TCC

They are not mass retail, obviously you are not counting Legends

I counted TCC because they are official releases.

Then need to count the updates to the movies too. Also the ones that were released at Botcon also

Sorry man but this should be more what was mass retailed not official, since most normal people pick there's up at the stores

here are a few more you missed

Blaster Universe 2.0/Device Label

Chromia Botcon

Elita-1 Botcon

Alpha Trion Botcon

Air Raid Botcon

Razorclaw Botcon

And then there were the Encores

Sky Lynx

Metroplex

Omega Supreme

Trailbreaker

Hoist

Shrapnell

Bombshell

Kickback

Divebomb

Tantrum

Rampage

Headstrong

Then E-Hobby,

Hauler

I can go on man :P

Since you said official it implies both Hasbro and Takara.

Where honestly what this list should be is official mass retail releases by Hasbro or both

And PCC's are not updates :tfevil

Uh my brain hurts. This is what I get for trying to be productive and being bored. Im not including Encores because they aren't updates, just re-issues.

When I say update I mean like, a modern day figure based off a classic character from the G1 toon like Sunstreaker and Jazz. They are completely new toys but they harken back to their G1 incarnations. Am I making any sense?

The main reason for not including Botcon is just that I dont know everything thats come out of that place. Sorry.

Updated btw.

Edit: Count what updates from what movie? Ive included characters from the 1986 movie. If your implying TF1 and ROTF then they dont count. TF1 Brawl is a figure for Bayverse Brawl, not G1 Brawl. ROTF Long Haul is a figure for Bayverse Long Haul, not G1 Long Haul, etc. Even if they can pass as G1, that only makes them placeholders. Which is why Im leaving them off. This list would get too wide if I did that and would be open to too much subjectivity.

Uh my brain hurts. This is what I get for trying to be productive and being bored. Im not including Encores because they aren't updates, just re-issues.

When I say update I mean like, a modern day figure based off a classic character from the G1 toon like Sunstreaker and Jazz. They are completely new toys but they harken back to their G1 incarnations. Am I making any sense?

The main reason for not including Botcon is just that I dont know everything thats come out of that place. Sorry.

Updated btw.

Then honestly to make it easier on everyone only go with Mass Retail, which makes the most sense and is not limited unlike sites or clubs where most people do not even know that the places exist

Check my edit, as I didnt understand your question. When I get home from work tonight Ill look over Botcon and see what needs added. If its not going to be a lot of figures then Ill include them for no other reason then "why not?" but to try and make you happy Ill update the list again with a little disclaimer over TCC/Botcon stuff :P

Archived