DOTM Ironhide First Looks!

Lord_Onslaught

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... Is everyone's weapon going to combine or something? Like into a bigger weapon or a freaking transformer (from the trailer).

Seems that way. (Not sure about it combining into it's own robot, though...but I'm sure someone can come up with one. :lol )

Thanks for the update!

Truck mode looks nice. Simple and clean... Painted rims would make it perfect!

The Mechtech ports look fine... Not to obtrusive and nicely positioned for fun.

The bot mode has potential. A variation on the movie 1 and 2 voyagers. This is a voyager, right?

Missing alot of paint apps. Hasbro never seesm to get it right the first time...

How many times have we done this? Just give us a premium. We'll buy it if it looks good...

Head is perfect. Better than Jungle Attack / Recon IH ???

Here we go again with the mismatched grey plastic again... Uhg! Why?

And whats up with his chest grill? I see a ball jointed piece of bumper and blinker on his cannon arm?

Ugh, disappointment. Doesn't look very movie-accurate, and those knobs in the alt mode are unforgiveable in a Voyager.

.... Is everyone's weapon going to combine or something? Like into a bigger weapon or a freaking transformer (from the trailer).

Seems that way. (Not sure about it combining into it's own robot, though...but I'm sure someone can come up with one. :lol )

Yeah, MechTech is getting expanded for this one

http://tformers.com/transformers-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-mechtech-weapons-system-revealed/14876/news.html

It should be noted that the Mach Truck has clip system points on his thighs.

So the clip system will probably live on through scout class, and any non-movie lines that may run alongside the movie toys.

Another thing I would like to note is that the "Mech Tech" weapons just have a 5mm peg like with the generations/rts/ect figures. So these figures WILL work with any weapon/minicon/ect as long as it has a 5mm peg, Hasbro is just standardizing the system in the new movie.

Finally, we have gotten word that the cgi models for the transformers HAVE been changed. So it is possible that this IS movie accurate.

Also I would like to note that this figure is mistransformed, if you look at the bottom of the mach trucks packaging you will see that ironhide now has "wings" and his arms are better placed than they are on this. It also proves my point about the mechtech weapons, as ironhide is holding his BFG in his hand on the box image.

Ugh, disappointment. Doesn't look very movie-accurate, and those knobs in the alt mode are unforgiveable in a Voyager.

Oh...so you've already seen Dark of the Moon???

Onslaught, we could still get a Leader class, don't give up hope! There's always been Voyagers for the Leaders as well, so who knows?

Is it just me or does the face look a lot more "human" than his previous incarnations? It may just be because I'm viewing this on a phone, but I see a nose and a mouth instead of his weird bull muzzle face from the previous films.

Edit: Upon viewing this on a larger screen, he definitely doesn't have the geewun face I thought I saw. Still, the new head sculpt looks a lot better.

Archived