TRU exclusive Rip-Off

Breaker

Anyone looking to finish off their Animated collections need to be on the lookout. Despite deluxes all being mixed together on the pegs, you must know that Rodimus Minor and Ironhide are a horrendous 16.99 each. Despite the sticker saying 12.99. Just letting you guys know.

Michigan law says thye have to honor the price tag.

Laws everywhere, say that TRU has to honor the price

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the rest of the thread Scale, I tried to get them to honor it but they are total dicks. I returned them the next day and got my near $40 back. Problem resolved but irritation remains.

Read the rest of the thread Scale, I tried to get them to honor it but they are total dicks. I returned them the next day and got my near $40 back. Problem resolved but irritation remains.

File a complaint with the Attorney General in your state. You can do it online. Those complaints stay on the books and will incite an investigation if there are enough of them.

i'm pretty sure they have the correct price sticker on a peg but with this last week being christmas, you can't expect them to have the entire store back to normal. especially when they were staffed with 2 week old seasonal employees. it's also very easy for an adult who knows nothing about transformers to put the toy back on the wrong peg because they all look the same. the only reason my girlfriend even knows the difference between generations, rotf, and rts is because i showed her. that way, if she went looking for a figure for me, she would know how to find it.

if any of you have worked in retail, you would understand that customers destroy stores with very little concern for store employees.

those figures have been 16.99 for months. don't be shocked if they ring up at the price.

i'm pretty sure they have the correct price sticker on a peg but with this last week being christmas, you can't expect them to have the entire store back to normal. especially when they were staffed with 2 week old seasonal employees. it's also very easy for an adult who knows nothing about transformers to put the toy back on the wrong peg because they all look the same. the only reason my girlfriend even knows the difference between generations, rotf, and rts is because i showed her. that way, if she went looking for a figure for me, she would know how to find it.

if any of you have worked in retail, you would understand that customers destroy stores with very little concern for store employees.

those figures have been 16.99 for months. don't be shocked if they ring up at the price.

That doesn't matter, the fact is they were miss labeled, and business's are required to give that lower price

No way dude. All the TRU's I've visited have not had a single price tag for $16.99 on anything Animated, let alone these two. Every store I've seen them at has had them on the same pegs as the TFA deluxes with no differing information other than the TFA Deluxe price. If anybody printed up some new price tags for these toys, they really should have done their job and put them up.

That doesn't matter, the fact is they were miss labeled, and business's are required to give that lower price

did the tags on the peg they were on say TFA animated or ROTS deluxe? you could easily read the sticker. thats what they are there for. if there were 3 pegs of all exclusive animated figures with the $12.99 price sticker on all the pegs, i'd be more inclined to agree with you guys. but if theres just 1 or 2 figures mixed in, it goes into that gray area whee you're at the mercy of the manager in charge.

did the tags on the peg they were on say TFA animated or ROTS deluxe? you could easily read the sticker. thats what they are there for. if there were 3 pegs of all exclusive animated figures with the $12.99 price sticker on all the pegs, i'd be more inclined to agree with you guys. but if theres just 1 or 2 figures mixed in, it goes into that gray area whee you're at the mercy of the manager in charge.

At my TRU all the Animated deluxe say $12.99, all the ROTF say $12.99, but the ROTF deluxes have been selling at $5.99. I'm going back on Thursday. and if the Animated are still marked $12.99. I will pick up Hot Rod and Ironhide for $12.99. my TRU unlike Breaker's actually gives the lower price. And still doesn't matter, the manager is required by law to give the lower price, otherwise it is considered false advertising and a BBB complaint

At my TRU all the Animated deluxe say $12.99, all the ROTF say $12.99, but the ROTF deluxes have been selling at $5.99. I'm going back on Thursday. and if the Animated are still marked $12.99. I will pick up Hot Rod and Ironhide for $12.99. my TRU unlike Breaker's actually gives the lower price. And still doesn't matter, the manager is required by law to give the lower price, otherwise it is considered false advertising and a BBB complaint

good luck then.

My tru express has the animated exclusives at $18.55

Ironhide will NOT be added to my collection...

Thats what I was saying before! Why should ToysRUs Express offer them at a more expensive price that a normal Toys store?!?!?? Robbery I tells ya!

Archived