TRU exclusive Rip-Off

Breaker

I did! The fraggers wouldnt budge! Both toys were on a peg that said 12.99 and they just refused to honor that. TRU lost my business today. If I want a TRU exclusive from now on I'll go thru BBTS or eBay.

Arent you going to pay 3 or 4 times the price though. BBTS has Arcee listed at $45, add in another $7 for shipping and 16 bucks sound pretty good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did! The fraggers wouldnt budge! Both toys were on a peg that said 12.99 and they just refused to honor that. TRU lost my business today. If I want a TRU exclusive from now on I'll go thru BBTS or eBay.

And pay MORE then what you would normally??? :wtf Really it wasnt TRU fault, it was the cashiers. You should have asked for the manager and settled it that way. ;) Dont knock TRU cuz its just one store is my opinion.

I'm seeing some Toys out here having the ordacity to put a whopping $$18.99 on the package. I'm still Animated Rodimus-less.

I almost had that problem.I argued with the department manger and then the store manerger even reused the honer the price, so, I took my camara out of my pocket, and took pics right in front of them, I then hit my voice recorder and asked them again to honer the price and they refused.

So, I called the local new station while they stood there, soon the district manager walked in, fired the department manager, and from what I hear demoted the store manger, for not having the right prices up, and he gave me the cheeper price and a 20% discount.

Now, you might think I'm a bastered for not feeling bad for the guys, but I've worker in retail management for the bast 20 years.And its basic customer service to honer the price on display when theres no way a customer could have known theres a difference.

Its one thing if a tag says $4.99 for Corn Flakes and Captain crunch is in the slot.

But placing a tag that says TF deluxes $12.99 and placing an exclusive , also delux, that cost more on the same tag is a mistake they have to correct in favor of the customer.

I had that exact same problem with buying my Rodimus Prime (or was it Ironhide and i got Rodimus from someone here? I cant remember) but either way it was a TRU exclusive and it rang up 16.99 but i told them kindly that it was priced on shelf for 12.99, they had someone go back and check and sure enough i was right. SO they gave me the right price. I also bought the last Grimlock there (whcih btw is awesome, but MP-Optimus is my all time FAVORITE TF still) and was lucky b/c this was the first time in a year i made it to a TRU. And luckily i found what i needed.

I ALSO wanted so badly the Lex Luthor Skeletor MOTU/DCUC 2 pack, but had to skip it since it was $35. I may have bit for $30 if He Man and Superman were there too! Speaking of, anyone have any MOTUC they want to sell, look me up. ;)

You think you are bad off?

Deluxes usually cost 19 Euro in Europe. Thst is much more than the $16 you complain about.

And we do not a lot of toys and what we do get is months old. Let alone that we get any exclusives here. I pay top dollar (or Euro) for those.

Yeah, but is it marked 19 Euro and rings up for 27 Euro? And then they wont lower the price to the one marked?

That would be what the complaint is.

So, I called the local new station while they stood there, soon the district manager walked in, fired the department manager, and from what I hear demoted the store manger, for not having the right prices up, and he gave me the cheeper price and a 20% discount.

Wait...You called the news station and that somehow got the district manager over? How does the local news have any relation to management?

Archived