Transformers War for Cybertron, Prime, and Exodus In the Same Continuity

Peter_Van

Like I said, from the cartoon, before the retcons.

Also like I said, he earned his spot, it wasn't given to him by divine sources.

Which is like I said, part of his charm is that he's just this old dude who has earned his spot.

From the cartoon, Alpha Trion never fought directly on the front lines. He was a leader from the start, and an advisor. Beta led from the front, Alpha Trion advised her, and came up with the tactics and strategies, as well as invented the gadgets and weapons they'd need. He was not a combatant, and was not on the front lines. He did not rise through the ranks as a warrior into a leadership role. He was the founder of the rebellion, and organized it along with Beta. He was never a front-line soldier.

He was the founder of the rebellion

Like I said, he earned his spot.

Not to many military officers are on the front line either.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Transformers fiction has been a retcon nightmare for years. I think we'll just have to understand that nothing is ever going to get better. It is sad that Hasbro will always try to reboot the series when they screw up the continuity. This comes from the fact that the toys and other products are what is most important to them and not the story. That's not to say other franchises that hold the story in the top spot can't screw up, just look at Star Wars and Star Trek as examples.

When did Star Trek screw up? Oh wait, nevermind! But I really don't think anyone couldn't agree with continuity in Transformers being a nightmare. Other than the fact that there are some parts that fit with G1 and there are some parts that fit in with movieverse(heaven help us) and then there are some things that fit in with the original Marvel Comicverse(like the original toys etc.) and then there is the new retconned IDW Comicverse which is a G1 movie/comic retcon that has been doing surprisingly well considering how many mini-series and spin-offs they have had etc. AND then there is RID all together separate! And then there is the Armada-Energon-Cybertron years \o_O/???>> Sigh... and then there is the Beast years! Again one of these things \o_O/??? I am all for a single unified continuity blah blah blah. I would just like the powers that be to agree on which one it is. As long as the stories and action figures that accompany them are great I am there. War for Cybertron. = Great Storyline, great figures, not enough of them! G1 = Great Storyline, great figures too many of them! Movieverse = lame storyline but all in all cool toys finally. Though it did take two films before that actually happened. Beast Wars = never seen it, don't try to convince me to see it or anything I don't care for the whole thing. Comics(any era) = the source for the storyline of the G1 toys post cartoon series awesome in any form except maybe the G2 stuff... another topic in and of itself.

Which is like I said, part of his charm is that he's just this old dude who has earned his spot.

From the cartoon, Alpha Trion never fought directly on the front lines. He was a leader from the start, and an advisor. Beta led from the front, Alpha Trion advised her, and came up with the tactics and strategies, as well as invented the gadgets and weapons they'd need. He was not a combatant, and was not on the front lines. He did not rise through the ranks as a warrior into a leadership role. He was the founder of the rebellion, and organized it along with Beta. He was never a front-line soldier.

Are you talking about the Cybertonian Army? In our Department of Defense (USA) we have many officers on the front line dodging bulletts.

Hasbro has never said that Alpha Trion was not a member of the Thirteen. He is one, and was pretty well established as one from the beginning. He was always established as one of the very first Transformers, even before the idea of The Thirteen came into being,. Even as far back as The Key to Vecotr Sigma pt 2it established him as one of the First. To quote: "I am a first generation product of Vector Sigma." Vector Sigma, as we now know, is the ultimate physical embodiment of Primus. Ergo, Alpha Trion is a first generation creation of Primus, one of the Original Thirteen. Even his name suggests his being one of them: Alpha (A, First) and Trion, (3)— The Third of the First. Thus, his name suggests that he was the third of the first Thirteen born. First Prima, followed by the Liege Maximo, then Alpha Trion, and so on.

Tramp... do you work for Hasbro? Are you their official rep or something?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hasbro_Q%26A/September_2010:_Answers

Until Botcon 2009, Alpha Trion was never a member of the 13. There were just rumors and suspicions. Then he was announced as being a member of the 13th officially. And now Hasbro is reserving their right to retract that statement based on the above wiki page. He's not been "explored" yet.

Just because G1 established this and that does not mean its officially recognized by Hasbro... don't you know that they can change whatever the hell they want when they want despite what is set in the stories or the minds of the fans?

So go bark up some other tree. Don't quote me definitions of the meaning of "Alpha" and "Trion." I know *blank* well what they mean.

LadyWreck. to quote The Key to Vector Sigma part 2,

"I am a first generation product of Vector Sigma".
Those were Alpha Trion's words to Optimus Prime at the very beginning of that episode. Vector Sigma is Primus' physical embodiment. Ergo, Alpha Trion's statement is that he was one of the very first Transformers ever created. The Comics BonBon magazine ifrom Japan also stated that he was one of the very first Transformers. In fact, it said he was the third created, hence his A3 designation. That alone made him one of the Thirteen. The Dreamwave More than Meets the Eye profile for him also states,
"Considered a myth by many, Alpha Trion is believed to be one of the first Transformers
. I've already provided the quote from the Ultimate Guide, so I don't need to repeat it. So, Alpha Trion was always intended to be one of the Thirteen, one of the very first Transformers, even before the concept of the Original Thirteen was thought of. Even before 2009, Even before Exodus. Even Simon Furman had stated he intended to use Alpha Trion as well. BotCon and Exodus only confirmed what was already established but not stated flat out. As for the Septender 2010 Q&A, that does not say that they're considering retracting his place since his place as one of the Thirteen is confirmed in the new continuity through Exodus. Exodus begins the exploration of the Thirteen and specifically states that Alpha Trion is definitely one of them. The only thing the Q&A says is that he won't be dimension-hopping, something he never did anyway. He was always like Primus, exisiting simultaneously in every continuity at once.

Not true. I was in the Army. All Generals rise from lowly Lieutenants and served on the front lines to rise up to high rank. The vast majority of your generals were infantry officiers, nor rear-eschelon. They all rose from the rank of 2nd lieutenant (the lowest of the officer ranks) and served many years to rise up the chain of command. Alpha Trion did not rise up the chain of command to his position. He was never a grunt nor a low-ranking officer. He started at the top. Thus, he did not "earn" his position. It was his from the start.

... And that does not mean its officially recognized by Hasbro... don't you know that they can change whatever the hell they want when they want despite what is set in the stories, the wiki, comics, Japan, cartoons, or the minds of the fans?

round and round we go... where we stop nobody knows...

Hasbro has never said that Alpha Trion was not a member of the Thirteen. He is one, and was pretty well established as one from the beginning. He was always established as one of the very first Transformers, even before the idea of The Thirteen came into being,. Even as far back as The Key to Vecotr Sigma pt 2it established him as one of the First. To quote: "I am a first generation product of Vector Sigma." Vector Sigma, as we now know, is the ultimate physical embodiment of Primus. Ergo, Alpha Trion is a first generation creation of Primus, one of the Original Thirteen. Even his name suggests his being one of them: Alpha (A, First) and Trion, (3)— The Third of the First. Thus, his name suggests that he was the third of the first Thirteen born. First Prima, followed by the Liege Maximo, then Alpha Trion, and so on.

http://tfwiki.net/wi...r_2010:_Answers

Until Botcon 2009, Alpha Trion was never a member of the 13. There were just rumors and suspicions. Then he was announced as being a member of the 13th officially. And now Hasbro is reserving their right to retract that statement based on the above wiki page. He's not been "explored" yet.

Just because G1 established this and that does not mean its officially recognized by Hasbro... don't you know that they can change whatever the hell they want when they want despite what is set in the stories or the minds of the fans?

So go bark up some other tree. Don't quote me definitions of the meaning of "Alpha" and "Trion." I know *blank* well what they mean.

Those were Alpha Trion's words to Optimus Prime at the very beginning of that episode. Vector Sigma is Primus' physical embodiment. Ergo, Alpha Trion's statement is that he was one of the very first Transformers ever created. The Comics BonBon magazine ifrom Japan also stated that he was one of the very first Transformers. In fact, it said he was the third created, hence his A3 designation. That alone made him one of the Thirteen. The Dreamwave More than Meets the Eye profile for him also states,
"Considered a myth by many, Alpha Trion is believed to be one of the first Transformers
. I've already provided the quote from the Ultimate Guide, so I don't need to repeat it. So, Alpha Trion was always intended to be one of the Thirteen, one of the very first Transformers, even before the concept of the Original Thirteen was thought of. Even before 2009, Even before Exodus. Even Simon Furman had stated he intended to use Alpha Trion as well. BotCon and Exodus only confirmed what was already established but not stated flat out. As for the Septender 2010 Q&A, that does not say that they're considering retracting his place since his place as one of the Thirteen is confirmed in the new continuity through Exodus. Exodus begins the exploration of the Thirteen and specifically states that Alpha Trion is definitely one of them. The only thing the Q&A says is that he won't be dimension-hopping, something he never did anyway. He was always like Primus, exisiting simultaneously in every continuity at once.

OK, not to add fuel to this already raging inferno, but I have the Ultimate Gudie, and it does say that he was one of the very first Transformers, but that does not prove you point. What your saying is like, (not to become all religious here) when the first two humans; Adem and Eve had a child, the he or she would be considered one of the very first humans, but not the first. Anyone else understand my point?

Tell me about it. :P

... And that does not mean its officially recognized by Hasbro... don't you know that they can change whatever the hell they want when they want despite what is set in the stories, the wiki, comics, Japan, cartoons, or the minds of the fans?

LadyWreck, Those stories were all officially recognized and sanctioned by Hasbro. They are all part of the canon. So, yes, his place as one of the first Transformers was indeed officially recognized by Hasbro. While Hasbro has the right to change things as they see fit, this isn't what they've done here. In fact, just the opposite. They've confirmed something that was already established a very long time ago, that Alpha Trion is one of the very first Transformers as stated back in the G1 cartoon episode, The Key to Vector Sigma part 2. This is not a retcon, just a confirmation.

http://tfwiki.net/wi...r_2010:_Answers

OK, not to add fuel to this already raging inferno, but I have the Ultimate Gudie, and it does say that he was one of the very first Transformers, but that does not prove you point. What your saying is like, (not to become all religious here) when the first two humans; Adem and Eve had a child, the he or she would be considered one of the very first humans, but not the first. Anyone else understand my point?

Tell me about it. :P

Actually, using your analogy, that would make their offspring (Kain and Abel) one of the second generation, not first generation. Adam and Eve are the first generation. That is the analogy with the Thirteen as well, and Alpha Trion. They were the first generation created by Primus. Alpha Trion's statement was that he was a first generation Transformer. Based upon Comics BonBon, Alpha Trion is the third of these First Generation Transformers created. The Thirteen are the First Generation, all other Transformers are second and later generation.

Are you talking about the Cybertonian Army? In our Department of Defense (USA) we have many officers on the front line dodging bulletts.

I was talking from my own experience from my days as a military contractor. Not enlisted by any means, but dealt with officers. Probably not the best comparison, but I was making a point of the people making decisions are not always the ones shooting the guns. You've got quite a few high ranking officers figuring out what the people are going to do and not actually in the fold.

All Transformers fiction has been a retcon nightmare for years. I think we'll just have to understand that nothing is ever going to get better. It is sad that Hasbro will always try to reboot the series when they screw up the continuity. This comes from the fact that the toys and other products are what is most important to them and not the story. That's not to say other franchises that hold the story in the top spot can't screw up, just look at Star Wars and Star Trek as examples.

But I think the important thing here is that Hasbro recognizes this and the prime continuity is an attempt to rectify this phenomenon.

...until the next cartoon franchise comes along in a year or two. I think the days of 3-4 year TV runs and 80-issue comic arcs are over. Kids' attention spans just don't allow it anymore.
And this is wrong. from 2002-2006 we had the aligned continuity known as the Unicron Trilogy. It evolved from Armada to Energon to Cybertron but it did not mean new cartoon = new continuity. (Yes, I know Cybertron was a different continuity in japan but I don't think that's important. Hasbro can keep one major universe going for years. They just gotta get back on that horse.

Archived