Transformers War for Cybertron, Prime, and Exodus In the Same Continuity

Peter_Van

Hasbro, Inc. sent out a note today telling us definitively that the story lines of Transformers: War for Cybertron, Transformers: Prime, and Transformers: Exodus are in the same continuity. Apparently, in the recent wave of the question and answer session with Hasbro, a fan site questioned the continuity between these three and they were told that they are separate entities. Read more. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro, Inc. sent out a note today telling us definitively that the story lines of Transformers: War for Cybertron, Transformers: Prime, and Transformers: Exodus are in the same continuity. Apparently, in the recent wave of the question and answer session with Hasbro, a fan site questioned the continuity between these three and they were told that they are separate entities. Read more. Read the Full News Story Here

I will believe this when I see it.

This also from the company who said Alpha Trion was a member of the 13 and then a few months later said he wasn't after all... AND WHO KNOWS if they will change their minds later?

The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Amazing then how they've already managed to shoot themselves in the foot with the 'continuity' thing. In the Prime miniseries Megatron has just discovered Dark Energon, whereas he 'discovers' it in War For Cybertron roughly 4 million years earlier, uses it on himself, etc. Sounds like they're trying to force a round peg into a square hole, but Prime doesn't fit with War for Cybertron's existing backstory. So if a letter was received I'd love for whatever Admin has it to send them a return letter asking just how they explain those discrepencies. Exodus and War for Cybertron don't even match up very well, and there's simply no explaining away the fact that every transformer just forgot about Dark Energon and what it does between WFC and when it's found in Prime.

I will believe this when I see it.

This also from the company who said Alpha Trion was a member of the 13 and then a few months later said he wasn't after all... AND WHO KNOWS if they will change their minds later?

The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Hasbro has never said that Alpha Trion was not a member of the Thirteen. He is one, and was pretty well established as one from the beginning. He was always established as one of the very first Transformers, even before the idea of The Thirteen came into being,. Even as far back as The Key to Vecotr Sigma pt 2it established him as one of the First. To quote: "I am a first generation product of Vector Sigma." Vector Sigma, as we now know, is the ultimate physical embodiment of Primus. Ergo, Alpha Trion is a first generation creation of Primus, one of the Original Thirteen. Even his name suggests his being one of them: Alpha (A, First) and Trion, (3)— The Third of the First. Thus, his name suggests that he was the third of the first Thirteen born. First Prima, followed by the Liege Maximo, then Alpha Trion, and so on.

Dear Hasbro,

You are dumb. No one gives a shit.

Sincerely, topic killer Breaker

....Alpha Trion wasnt always a member of the 13, he was retconned into one. And start the wall 'o text debate!

All Transformers fiction has been a retcon nightmare for years. I think we'll just have to understand that nothing is ever going to get better. It is sad that Hasbro will always try to reboot the series when they screw up the continuity. This comes from the fact that the toys and other products are what is most important to them and not the story. That's not to say other franchises that hold the story in the top spot can't screw up, just look at Star Wars and Star Trek as examples.

Dear Hasbro,

You are dumb. No one gives a shit.

Sincerely, topic killer Breaker

....Alpha Trion wasnt always a member of the 13, he was retconned into one. And start the wall 'o text debate!

Sent you a PM.

Hasbro's been saying since BotCon it was all a part of their modern continuity. I'm not sure where the disconnect comes from. I see what they're doing well enough. Basically, while Optimus and the funky bunch might have new gimmicks and different adventures and series in the future. The core story and mythology will remain the same. Thus keeping it easier for most. It wont all line up perfectly, but hey... G1 didn't either. \

The whole A3 being part of the 13 I've never liked. He never was and that was part of his charm. He's this old hardass who earned his place. With the retcon, now it's just he was made to be who he is. Don't like that personally.

Aside from that, I do like it all. I mean, start with the mythology already set before you get 3 different origins for the Constructicons and why earth has managed to travel back in time and never learned of the Transformers before, despite the series before being in the future and all sorts of Autobot stuff everywhere.

Hasbro's been saying since BotCon it was all a part of their modern continuity. I'm not sure where the disconnect comes from. I see what they're doing well enough. Basically, while Optimus and the funky bunch might have new gimmicks and different adventures and series in the future. The core story and mythology will remain the same. Thus keeping it easier for most. It wont all line up perfectly, but hey... G1 didn't either. \

The whole A3 being part of the 13 I've never liked. He never was and that was part of his charm. He's this old hardass who earned his place. With the retcon, now it's just he was made to be who he is. Don't like that personally.

Aside from that, I do like it all. I mean, start with the mythology already set before you get 3 different origins for the Constructicons and why earth has managed to travel back in time and never learned of the Transformers before, despite the series before being in the future and all sorts of Autobot stuff everywhere.

Alpha Trion was never a "hard@$$"" He was always the ancient, "grandfatherly" sage, like Merlin, or Gandalf, never a "hard@$$". The "old hard@$$es" would be Kup and Ironhide.

Archived