my G1 sort through...

destronger

so i am planning to do a inventory of my g1 collection. it's difficult due to having a 3yr old son absolutely hanging on my arm when ever i even look at my tf's to begin with. a few months ago i found my g1 jazz, jetfire and red alert yellowing... i wasn't happy. well... to add to that i took out my sixshot over the weekend to find his legs loose. what the!! as i transformed him i heard something inside like broken plastic moving within it. now i have a what looks like a c9 sixshot with bad knees. of all the toys to be now broken. the absolute frustration. i had him stored in the his in box/default truck mode too. i'm kinda freaking out what else i will find...

anyone else get a surprise like this?

Had something like that occur with Ultra Magnus. Even though he stayed in his box. The plastic on his trailer was cracking, so I bought a new one on eBay and swapped it out. He was MIB already anyway. Yellowing haven't had that problem. But then I do try to keep the sun out of my office as much as possible

so i am planning to do a inventory of my g1 collection. it's difficult due to having a 3yr old son absolutely hanging on my arm when ever i even look at my tf's to begin with. a few months ago i found my g1 jazz, jetfire and red alert yellowing... i wasn't happy. well... to add to that i took out my sixshot over the weekend to find his legs loose. what the!! as i transformed him i heard something inside like broken plastic moving within it. now i have a what looks like a c9 sixshot with bad knees. of all the toys to be now broken. the absolute frustration. i had him stored in the his in box/default truck mode too. i'm kinda freaking out what else i will find...

anyone else get a surprise like this?

If they are Vintage(in which they probably are) then the integrity of the plastic is deteriorated with time, and a vintage Sixshot too??!!?? WHAT THE DEUCE???

I had a weird discovery. Have a Japanese transforming robot from Takara called Dinogeist, it's kinda like tripple changer Grimlock. Anyway mine is missing the nose to the jet, so I decided to buy a headmaster snap dragon body so I could use the jet nose from that.

Tried to sell the left over parts at a toy show a few weekends ago for a buck, no takers.

Went through another box of loose parts this past weekend, found another jet nose for Snapdragon just sitting there...

At least maybe if I put it all back together I can sell the snapdragon body.

not totally done yet but i just added a yellow cliffjumper & outback to my collection. :yay

and my collection of g1's is not as big as i thought it was... oh well so far about 100+ tf all g1 and 5 g2 figs.

is a 100+ g1 tf's considered a big collection. i see some of the ones on this site and others mine looks sad... then again i did just sell all my post-g1's this summer which consisted of 170 figs.

oh yeah... i had a sunstreaker a few weeks ago that i got on ebay when i got it it turns out to be communist chinese knock-off. i was able get a full refund but i'm still not happy. yes, i asked the seller to id a few things on it and i believed his judgement... bad idea.

Archived