Generations Repaint Will be Black Shadow?

Lord_Onslaught

Saw this over at Seibertron.com It is being based off of the Robot mode in the instructions for Thunderwing. It does look like Black Shadow's head, and he is a remold of the G1 Thunderwing Mold that was a Japan Exclusive during Transformers Victory. If this is true. We might be looking at the first G1 crossover repaint since Stepper aka Ricochet was brought over for the Commemorative Series.

Well Hasbro has two new habits when it comes to repaints, one is, and this one is awesome, the fact that the repaints will often have a few remoulded parts, while the other is, and yes this one is awesome too, the fact that Hasbro reveals these repaints remoulds in the instructions of the original release.

We first noticed this with the release of ROTF Lockdown and his repaint/remould Axor.

And now we know that the upcoming Generations Thunderwing will also have a remould/repaint in the form of Black Shadow.

Black Shadow was a Japanese remould/repaint of G1 Pretender Thunderwing and appeared in the Victory anime.

This information comes to us through the tfw2005 user G1_Cindersaur.

We have mirrored an image to see all images just click here.

blackshadow.jpg

If you wish to see images of the original Black Shadow just click here!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm understanding that Hasbro has been showing us the repaint of a figure in the instructions of the currently released figure for a while now? Is there any other examples of this. I guess this will give me a reason to look at the instructions now...

I dunno, as nice as Black Shadow could be Im willing to bet that Hasbro will change the name. Probably keep the deco just call it something else.

So I'm understanding that Hasbro has been showing us the repaint of a figure in the instructions of the currently released figure for a while now? Is there any other examples of this. I guess this will give me a reason to look at the instructions now...

Well Straxus's showed Skullgrin in his instructions, Hailstorm shows Mindset's head

Man, I really hope this happens. I'd love to have Space Mafia in some form.

I dunno, as nice as Black Shadow could be Im willing to bet that Hasbro will change the name. Probably keep the deco just call it something else.

They'll probably call it something like Dark Shadow.

What about Sky Shadow?

Archived