TF KOs @ Retail Stores *MERGED*

Ol' Timer

I'm wondering have a KO of Lio Kaiser, Menasor, and Abimous ever showed in Big Lots or Family Dollar before?

not that i've seen. actually the only other gestault team i've seen in the same kind of packaging (not english either, chinese) was predaking. the other ko gestault teams you've mentioned have been on a card, and always with chinese characters on the package.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so there I was in the store call Value City. its one of those discount dept. stores that sells defective crap for even less that Kmart. so I skip my marry lil self over to the toy dept. to see if anything was worth the while. that when I saw them! there called "Roadbots". I'm sure many of you have heard of them. they kinda like "cousin" to binialtech stuff. these in perticular were 1:32 scale bots. Ford GT, Mitsubishi, Toyta Supra, & a few more. there were 6 in total, & you better believe I bought them all! reason is, I remember when I was a Jr. supremequeen in training, I got my 1st TFs, sideswipe & jazz. soon after I had a very nice collection. well my family were not rich or anything like that, but there wasn't much I was denied because of money. but some of my chums were not so lucky. & on the main shopping drag in the city I lived in were many Asian own shops. & in them were knock off of everything you could ever imagine! including TFs. so a lot of my buds ended up w/knock off TFs. irony is, those Jap inports today are worth way more than their domestic counter parts. so as I stood there in that crappy lil discount store, I said to myself, "oh no you dont"! your not gonna slip thru my hands this time! so while the TFs getting hot & popular again from the success of the movie, & once again the Aisan market is gonna be doing it thing by making knock offs. & I'm not gonna miss out on it this time! so is anyone else doing knock offs, or are you strickly TF name brand?

It's gotta be an actual Transformer for me. The exception to that rule is my Puzzler, I would still love to find a box/insert for that bad boy, and he is still a Gobot at least, and not KO TF. I have a couple of Lion Voltrons as well, but entirely different story.

Huh, Roadbots at Value City? I might have to check a local store. How much were the 1:32 figures there?

Edit: oh yeah, technically Roadbots are not KOs.

The Roadbots were $7.99ea compaired to the online price of $9.99ea. & the online shops were still listing them as being per-orders only. & yeah, I guess that technicly there not KOs, but w/TFs dominating the market, anything that pokes its head up these days are pretty much seen as KOs. oh yeah, I'm in Millville NJ. don't know if that close to you or not, but I plan to get as many as I can. i'll let you know if they come out w/any of there larger scale stuff.

Roadbots are pretty sweet, I have yet to find em anywhere on a shelf here but i have been on the look out for some time. Especially for the big ass yellow GT.

Archived