TF KOs @ Retail Stores *MERGED*

Ol' Timer

I haven't posted much latly, but I had to let you know I just picked of a knockoff Superion and Defnsor, with a set of 4 bug guys I've never seen before for $5 ea

HotSpot was unfortunately, red, not blue, and they have thease generic recue sticks on them (most not applied very well) but the figures them selfs are good for kockoffs.

they where under the name Quick Change or something like that

Yeah.... they've been out for the better part of 5 years now....

The Defensor set usually holds up fairly well, but the Aerialbot set has continued to worsen in quality since the first runs, and weren't the best quality to begin with anyway. There's also a yellow&black Constructicon set and a bastardized Stunticon set that has Nosecone & Afterburner instead of Dead End & Wildrider. There's also been a RID color "Ruination" Combaticons set as well, along with a 'supersized' micromaster Sixwing combiner set, as well as the 1:1 micromaster combiner sets and a shrunken yellow Constructicons set that's in line with the 1:1 micromaster sets. And then there's the generic run-of-the-mill insects, dinosaurs, & power tool sets as well that have no association to Transformers.

As for other sets that do not appear to have seen US retail, there's the standard green&purple Constructicon set, a full 1:1 Terrorcon set, a bastardized Terrorcon set that replaces Blot & Sinnertwin with Strafe & Lightspeed, plus Hun-Grr is shrunken. Plus all of the non-micromaster combiner sets have seen shrunken sets as well, combined modes are in scale with the micromaster combiner sets. There's also been a set with a diaclone color Blitzwing (Overcharge), Broadside (w/micromaster Flat Top) & two japanese combiner pieces who's names escape me at the moment.

Overall the quality on the KO's is decent, but they're still KO's and therefore less sturdy and more prone to breakage than their official counterparts. Aerialbots are absolute worst QC, if you really wanna get the KO's and use 'em, buy multiple sets and you might be able to combine parts out of the sets to make one semi-decent set. Constructions hold up fairly well, weak points being Hook's swing-joint, and on the yellow&black G2, his arm sockets (recommendation: disassemble immediately & file down the holes for the arm pegs to enlarge). Otherwise have similar issues to the original G1&G2 releases. Import releases of all sets usually come with actual Autobot & Decepticon labels, albeit crappy labels. US releases you'll notice has sticker residue where all of those stickers were peeled off and then even crappier generic labels have been applied. Minor things to notice: Aerialbot set is actually shrunken from the original G1/G2. Protectobot set is actually a bit larger than the original G1. The rest appear to be 1:1 aside from what was already mentioned previously above.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just found these at the dollar tree, its a place where everythings a buck. they're LOC figs, but one of them is Brimstone that's been downsized to LOC size. i think i've seen them on ebay from china, but never heard about them being available domesticaly. qualities alright i suppose, they are KO's after all so the joints are loose in spots yet ubber tight in others. they only had these three, but they where in a plethora of colors. i got the colors i felt they looked best in.

img2789cc3.jpg

if they're old news, mods feel free to do with the thread whatever you please.

I picked up the blue Brimstone one. Kind of makes him really look a bit like Galvatron.

I also found a KO in an unlikely place. A bakery! My mom was getting some donuts, and I was flipping through the Cake book(since my birthday's next month), found a Transformers Movie cake, with a "transforming" Prime Cake topper toy...then I looked on the page before it, "Military Tank". the Cake topper also transformed into a robot..and to my surprise it was G2 Megatron! ...well, not exactly. It looked like it was original release G2 Megatron scaled down to fit the cake, and retooled with a new head. I tried to buy the toy from them, but they were sold out. The lady said they'd be getting more in stock in the next week. (I also tried for Prime, but someone already got it for their cake. Plus it looked like a floppy mess.)

I'll try and stop by to get the G2 Cakeatron sometime next week and snap off some photos.

Aoi

Yesterday I hit the local Family Dollar and Dollar General to look for the LoC KOs. They did not have them unfortunately. They did have KOs of this guy though:

http://tfu.info/2002/Autobot/Strong-Bot/strong-bot.htm

Green with white "hands" and grey with black "hands." $2 at Dollar General. I passed. Oh, they also had the 2-pack "Ultimate Battle" classics figures, $15.

Archived