Transformers Prime Preview Clip Shows Off Battle Scene

KinightPrime

USA Today has provided a sneak peek of the upcoming Transformers: Prime cartoon on The Hub Channel, showing off a battle scene from the series. The video shows Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Arcee battling the Decepticon Troops, which seem to be the Transformers: Prime versions of the ubiquitous Vehicon drones from Beast Machines. The article also interviews Executive Producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the former saying that this show allows the pair to dive into "what happened on Cybertron to their arrival on Earth." Read more. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article wasn't bad but the preview was way too short. C'mon Hasbro! Give us something we can really sink our teeth into!

Except for the Fat Green Pig (Sorry TopNotchimus, But I really hate Bulkhead) I am digging the CGI (Ratchet looking the best), Though I still want to see how the story plays out.

Cool video. Arcee is pretty hardcore, and those pink highlights were great. Still cannot find anything to complain about with this show so far.

My only complaint is how the article acts as though TF hasn't been on tv since the original series. They did this same crap for the 2007 movie.

Hmmm... I'm not sold on the appearance... it seems too high gloss/ low texture at the moment, hopefully it'll find some grit before launch.

And I'm sorry to say I despise the music. It sounds... full of itself, like it's too caught up in how "epic" it is to be the right music for the job; it's trying so hard to be the music from the movies it's forgetting to be the music for this show.

The overall effect is that it makes the scene feel a weird combination of "pretentious" and "poser".

"Transformers! You watched the movies, now watch the show! IT'S TOTALLY THE SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN!"

I hope this series will try a little harder to carve out its own identity once it starts running proper.

It was very Beast War-ish if you ask me. I love Beast Wars but its not good for a show to look like that over ten years later.

I hope The Hub got a good deal on the circa 1991 computers they rendered that on.

Beast Wars looked BETTER than that. Certainly by Season 2.

WTF? That would have made poor pre-rendered cut scene in PS1 game.

Except for the Fat Green Pig (Sorry TopNotchimus, But I really hate Bulkhead) I am digging the CGI (Ratchet looking the best), Though I still want to see how the story plays out.

Dude, this is totally stupid imo. You rag on something (probably b/c you HATE animated) that you havent even seen in play yet. I mean, really???? Plus, i really like that Topnotch-timus Prime (one of the artists behind the show AND Bulkhead designs) and saying shit like this may just keep him away or join another site instead. HAVE SOME CLASS please. Nothing against you, i just dont think its fair to others that could learn something from Top Notch or anyone else involved.

and for the rest ....

for christs sakes, complain complain complain. Is that all you guys do when you see something, .... that you havent even SEEN yet!!??

Archived