Animated or TRU Masterpiece Grimlock?

RZetlin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a few left in a couple of TRU's around me(OKC, OK), but that was 2 weeks ago. Drive and/or call around to other TRU's in your area, if they have one, they will hold it for you until you get there.

Can anybody confirm if Toys R Us still sells Masterpiece Grimlock instores?

The TRU website is not selling it anymore.

Update: I just called TRU store in my area - Masterpiece Grimlock is sold out. :(

I saw one in store at the Belair MD TrU on Thursday Nov 18

Animated Grimlock is nice, but you can get one on the secondary market for as little as $5.

MP Grimlock is a collectors piece, price is most likely only going to go up and on the secondary market, a well played with one would be broken and missing pieces. Animated only had the sword and was pretty sturdy have seen many out and about.

MP looks better also.

TFA Grimlock is a very solid toy, a nice toy, but that's it. His arms are just not right, and he's a size class too small. His voyager is overshadowed by pretty much every TFA voyager this side of the overly fragile Animated Seeker mold as well as Grimlock's own Activator toy.

MP Grimlock, however, is overshadowed by NO ONE. For all intents and purposes, outside of his floppy chest, this figure is perfect. Perfect. Given a choice between the toy, MP Grimlock (the best of the MP figures so far*)is the correct choice, the only choice.

There is just no other way.

(*Grimlock is the best of the MP figures...until The Chosen One is available for purchase and in my hands!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I already have MP Grimlock and mentioned earlier that I passed up on An. Grimlock months ago....well I finally broke down and picked up Animated Grimlock (along with the gray colored Animated Shockwave) at Marshalls the other day. These are the only Animated figures I have. Grimlock is a cool figure, but I'm glad I paid a clearance price on him. He isn't worth the full voyager MSRP of $20 or whatever it is now. One argument I have are his arms (dino legs) suck. They don't retract all the way in, and I feel like I'm going to break him. Oh well, I also got Shockwave, and he ROCKS!

I refuse to believe this is a real topic. who'd pick Animated if they only wanted one?

Archived